£299—2-night escape at Buckinghamshire manor, with meals
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Located in 30 acres of grounds, with sweeping views of Buckinghamshire's Chess Valley, De Vere Latimer Estate is built around a "stunning" (The Daily Telegraph) Victorian Gothic mansion house that was a top-secret military intelligence centre during World War II. Two-night escapes are £299 until the end of January, including dining credit and a bottle of sparkling wine.
- Valid until 31 January, 2024
- £299... Mansion House Superior Room
- £319... Mansion House Deluxe Room
- Two nights' accommodation, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- £25 dining credit per person to spend on the first night of your stay
- A bottle of Silver Reign English sparkling wine in room on arrival (worth £49; one bottle per stay)
- A box of chocolates in the room on arrival
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £40)
- Full use of leisure facilities
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
Why We Love This Hotel
- The history of the manor goes back to the 12th century. The current house was built in Victorian Gothic style in 1838, and during the Second World War was the headquarters of a Secret Service campaign in which high-ranking prisoners of war were held in bugged cells.
- The property is set in 30 acres of grounds in "a particularly pretty part of the Chilterns" (The Daily Telegraph).
- Superior and Deluxe Rooms are in the Mansion House, and some feature views of the grounds. Opt for a Deluxe Room for more space, plus fluffy robes and slippers.
- Dining options at the hotel include the 1838 Restaurant & Bar, which features a glass ceiling and indoor trees and plants, the Huntley Bar, which serves an informal lunch menu and a choice of cocktails, and the Library, where you can take afternoon tea.
- There's a small gym and an indoor pool, and the grounds feature a church that was renovated by Sir George Gilbert Scott, the architect of the Foreign Office, the hotel at St Pancras station, and the iconic red telephone box.
- You could follow a section of the Chess Valley walk during your stay. The route runs 10 miles from Rickmansworth station to Chesham station, following the course of the River Chess, which passes by the hotel.
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
Some accessibility features may not be available in all rooms. Please coordinate with the hotel directly before you travel.
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
If travelling with children, please notify the hotel directly upon booking.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 1 or under.
Extra bed available upon request, for children 2 to 14: £30 per stay.
Extra bed not available for older children and adults.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £30 per pet per stay.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
If you require a pet-friendly room, please contact the hotel directly before you travel.
Up to 24% off
£150 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.