£79 – 16th-century Winchester stay w/breakfast, save 50%
Save 50% on a break in Winchester, England's ancient capital and the former seat of King Alfred the Great. Overnight stays for two at the Winchester Royal Hotel, a Grade II-listed property with a private walled garden, are now £79 and include:
- Accommodation in a Standard Double/Twin room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth £20)
- Upgrade to a Garden View room for an extra £15 per night
Why We Love It
- This 16th-century hotel has a walled garden and is in the centre of Winchester
- The Garden Restaurant, housed in a conservatory, boasts a wide selection of local cheeses
- Winchester Cathedral and the local shops are within a 5-minute walk
- Jane Austen's House Museum is a 25-minute drive away
With its medieval architecture, magnificent cathedral and nearby South Downs countryside, Winchester is a great destination for a mini break. The Winchester Royal Hotel is in the centre of town and is the only hotel in the city that has a walled garden -- nicknamed the "secret garden" by locals.
Originally a private house, the property then became a bishop's residence and later a convent, and has been a hotel for the past 150 years. The Garden Restaurant, which overlooks the walled garden and terrace, serves modern European dishes and has a large collection of local cheeses.
From the hotel, The Great Hall, an atmospheric 13th-century hall featuring a medieval round table linked to King Arthur, is less than 10 minutes' walk away.
Winchester Science Centre & Planetarium is a 15-minute drive away.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
There is no extra bed available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Additional details: Car parking is limited, subject to availability and charged at £10 per night.
£79 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu until 31 Mar, 2018; +£15 Fri-Sat
Getting ThereWinchester railway station is a 10-minute walk away and has services to destinations including Southampton and London Waterloo. Parking is £10 per car, per day, and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(370 Member Ratings)