£59 – Cumbria: 17th-century inn with breakfast, 30% off
Why We Love This Deal
Escape this spring to The Kings Arms in Temple Sowerby -- the 400-year-old coaching inn where poets Wordsworth and Coleridge began their tour of the Lake District in 1799 -- and save up to 30% on the usual rates.
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- It's £99 for a 2-night stay with daily breakfast and a bottle of prosecco (worth £20; offered once per stay)
- Dogs can stay for an extra £10 per dog per stay (payable direct to the hotel upon checkout)
Why We Love It
- This inn "offers a good deal of charm and character" and is "an ideal base" (The AA Hotel Guide 2019) from which to explore the North Pennines and the Lake District, which are both within 15 minutes' drive of the property
- Temple Sowerby is a huddle of quaint 16th- to 19th-century buildings, and is known as "the queen of Westmorland villages"
- You can dine in the oak-panelled restaurant or in the cosy bar
- Dalemain Mansion & Historic Gardens with its stately home, gardens and medieval hall housing a tea room, is 15 minutes' drive away. You can join the Dacre Walk from the courtyard, and walk the mile to the Grade I-listed 12th-century church in the village of Dacre
- The quiet country roads in the area are suitable for cyclists of all levels
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 017683 62944 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
Fridays and Saturdays until 30 June have now sold out.