£196 – Casually Elegant Santa Barbara Stay near the Beach
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Sneak away for a coastal escape and find yourself pedaling a cruiser along the shore or hunting for seashells at East Beach, situated just across the street. Santa Barbara is known for being pricey, and with a location this central, it's no wonder these upgraded rooms typically go for over £300 per night.
"An appealing lodging option in a prime location right across from East Beach" -- Fodor’s
- Check in many Sundays-Thursdays through March 10
- £196 per night ... stay in a Premium View King or Two-Queen Room — a quadruple upgrade over the standard room with views of the ocean
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Waived £23 daily resort fee, which covers use of loaner bicycles, the bocce ball court and equipment use, Saturday beach yoga and more
- Daily £15 food-and-beverage credit
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to arrival
- Two-night minimum stay required
- Friday-Saturday check-ins are not available
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- Wi-Fi is complimentary
- Valet parking is £27 plus tax, per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Santa Barbara Zoo is a five-minute walk away; the restaurants and wine tastings at Stearns Wharf, the Funk Zone and State Street are less than two miles from the hotel
- Amenities include a library, a bocce ball court, complimentary Wi-Fi and an outdoor pool with views of the ocean — all of these are open and available
- Stop by Café Lido for Mediterranean-style small plates, which can also be enjoyed poolside
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
The Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara is housed in a historic Spanish Colonial building, maintaining the property’s connection to the past while updating the interiors for modern travelers. The hotel was constructed in the 1930s with white stucco walls and red tile roofs directly across Cabrillo Boulevard from East Beach. The colonial style continues indoors where public spaces are decorated with wrought-iron chandeliers, Spanish tiles and vintage black-and-white photos.
Private accommodations are outfitted with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, Keurig coffeemakers, and of course, the plush beds for which the Hyatt brand is known. Guests have the choice of rooms with one king, one queen or two queen beds and can upgrade to lodgings with private balconies facing the ocean or mountains. Oceanfront suites have bedrooms separated from the living areas that are spacious enough to entertain en suite and are equipped with Bose surround sound. Families can spread out in the Santa Barbara Houses located on a residential street near the lobby with a private parking lot.
Guests have access to the 24-hour fitness center which looks out at the Pacific Ocean and also offers headphones, chilled water and towels. Those looking for a seaside sweat session can jog on the nearby trails or rent bicycles from the concierge. The pooldeck features an oceanfront pool, open year-round, a hot tub and poolside bar. Open until 11 p.m. most nights, Mar Vista serves tapas, cocktails and local craft beers, making it the perfect place to unwind after a day in the sun. The Spanish-inspired Marbella Restaurant serves tapas and seafood with the option to dine indoors or on the waterfront terrace.
Guests only have to walk for five minutes to reach the Santa Barbara Zoo while Santa Barbara Downtown is 10 minutes away by car. The hotel is one and a half miles from Stearns Wharf and three miles from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Bike rental
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request. A non-refundable cleaning fee of $75.00 USD plus tax, per pet per stay will be charged upon arrival.
A non-refundable cleaning fee of $75.00 USD plus tax, per pet per stay will be charged upon arrival.
Valet service fee: US$36 plus tax per day. The valet parking fee includes in and out privileges.
A resort/facility fee of US$30 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort/ facility fee includes:
Note: The resort/ facility fee is waived when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
The valet parking fee includes in and out privileges.
Up to 50% Off
£196 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(305 Member Ratings)