£129 – Cosy Cheshire castle stay with meals, 45% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Deep in the Cheshire countryside, Peckforton’s battlements peek above the treetops. "Character is what Peckforton is all about" (The Daily Telegraph): entrance to this Grade I-listed Medieval-style castle is via its portcullis, spiral staircases ascend to bedrooms, and suits of armour guard the hallways. An overnight winter escape for two is £129 — including dinner credit and breakfast — and saves up to 45% on direct rates.
- Valid Monday-Thursday 1 December, 2022-31 March, 2023. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are £50 more
- An overnight stay for two people in a Classic Double Room, with full English breakfast
- £15 per person dinner credit in the brasserie, a relaxed setting in the castle’s original kitchens
- It’s £30 more to eat in the 1851 Restaurant,* which serves classical French and modern British cuisine in an elegant setting (£30 per person dinner credit)
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
Why We Love This Hotel
- Peckforton Castle is situated midway between Chester and Crewe and is surrounded by 36,000 acres of sprawling, green Cheshire countryside
- Though it has the appearance of a Medieval fortress, Peckforton Castle was built in the 19th century. In 1952, The castle was recognised by English Heritage and granted Grade I-listed status, as a building of exceptional interest and importance
- The castle and its grounds have been the backdrop for scenes in "Robin Hood", "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes", and "Doctor Who"
- The Wine Cellar is described by The Daily Telegraph as an “extraordinary” place for drinks. This circular, lantern-lit room features a bar, low barrel vault ceiling, and alcoves built into the castle wall**
- Less than five minutes' drive from the hotel and sitting atop a rocky crag are the Medieval ruins of Beeston Castle. On a clear day from here, you can see all the way from the Pennines to the Welsh mountains. The English Heritage Site delves into 4,000 years of history, has a replica Bronze Age roundhouse, and 40 acres of woodland
- Lonely Planet has dubbed Chester "one of Britain's prettiest town centres" thanks to its tidy collection of black-and-white timber-framed buildings. The city is 30 minutes' drive away
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory
* The 1851 Restaurant is up a flight of stairs, however a chair lift is available
** The Wine Cellar is sometimes closed for private events
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Express checkout
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10:30am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
The hotel will pre-book a dinner table on your behalf.
The 1851 Restaurant is up a flight of stairs however a chair lift is available.
Should there be any specific requirement regarding the room, please contact the hotel directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
up to 45% off
£129 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(158 Member Ratings)