£139 – Ludlow: world's 'most handsome inn' stay, with meals
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
The Feathers Hotel was named "the most handsome inn in the world" by The New York Times and, with its striking half-timbered façade, ornate ceilings, and cosy interiors, it's not hard to see why. Breaks for two to this Grade I-listed property — which sits in the centre of Ludlow and a stone's throw from the Shropshire Hills — start from £139, with a bottle of wine, dining credit, and breakfast included. This deal saves up to 41% on direct rates.
- Valid Sunday-Friday until 30 October, 2022. Saturdays are £30 more
- An overnight stay for two people in a Classic Double Room, with full English breakfast
- £30 per person dinner credit in the Plume@Feathers Restaurant
- A bottle of house wine in bedroom on arrival (worth £17.95)
- It’s £229 for a 2-night stay, with the extra night on B&B
- Stay in a Deluxe Double Room for an extra £25 per night. Deluxe rooms are larger and have a small lounge area
- Maximum length of stay is two nights
- Not available on 8-11, 30 September; 1, 5, 20 October, 2022
- This is a non-refundable rate and cancellations are not permitted
- Note: Entry restrictions may be in place for this destination, and services at the hotel may be disrupted due to the pandemic. Check advisories for the destination and hotel before making travel arrangements.
Why We Love This Hotel
- Add a Feathers afternoon tea to your stay for £24.95 with this Travelzoo deal. This is available Monday-Saturday, and saves 43% on the usual cost
- There are almost 500 listed buildings in Ludlow, but with its "incredible Jacobean façade" (The Daily Telegraph) The Feathers Hotel is one of the most recognisable. The Grade I-listed building was built in the 17th century and gets its name from the feather motifs that adorned its exterior in tribute to the Prince of Wales
- The Feathers Hotel is in the centre of Ludlow, a market town that John Betjeman, a former poet laureate of the United Kingdom, once described as "probably the loveliest town in England"
- Head to the Ludlow Museum, the ruins of Ludlow Castle, and St Laurence's Church to learn more about the town's history — they are all approximately five minutes' walk from hotel.
- The hotel is situated five minutes' drive from the borders of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- For panoramic views over the castle and town make for the Whitcliffe Common Nature Reserve, a gentle 20-minute stroll from the hotel. The town is also a great base from which to explore the woodlands, hills, and valleys of The Welsh Marches
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Games room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per day. Only small pets are allowed, on request.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Only small pets are allowed, on request.
Fees: Car park fee: £5 per night.
Additional details: Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
up to 41% off
£139 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(238 Member Ratings)