£149—Wales: historic castle stay w/dinner & prosecco
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Ivy-clad, adorned with battlements and towers, and possessing "bags of character" (The Daily Telegraph), Ruthin Castle Hotel sits within the walls of a ruined 13th-century castle. Overnight stays with breakfast, dinner, and a bottle of prosecco at this historic property in the Welsh countryside now start from £149 through summer.
- Valid 1 June-30 September, 2023
- £149... Sunday-Thursday
- £169... Friday
- £199... Saturday
- Overnight accommodation in a Castle Standard Room, with full Welsh breakfast, for two
- A 2-course dinner for two (worth £32.95 per person)
- A bottle of prosecco on arrival (worth £32.95)
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £30)
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
Why We Love This Hotel
- Facilities at the hotel include a gym (complimentary access), as well as a spa, hot tubs, and thermal areas (supplements apply).
- Located in the centre of the market town of Ruthin in the Vale of Clwyd, Ruthin Castle dates back to 1277 and remained part of the Crown Estate until 1632, so it counts King Edward I, Henry VIII, and Elizabeth I among its former owners.
- You can explore the nooks and crannies of the 18th-century hotel building, including the octagonal panelled Library Bar and Bertie's Restaurant.
- The Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is five minutes' drive from the hotel. Explore the 13th-century Chirk Castle (a National Trust property) or the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct UNESCO World Heritage Site. Both are less than 40 minutes' drive away.
- Loggerheads Country Park, a wooded river valley with dramatic cliffs and outcrops, and the ruins of 13th-century Denbigh Castle, are both less than 20 minutes' drive from the hotel.
- Eryri National Park—home to Yr Wyddfa, the highest mountain in Wales, and a host of walking opportunities—is 45 minutes' drive away.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
Some accessibility features may not be available in all rooms. Please coordinate with the hotel directly before you travel.
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under.
Extra bed not available for older children and adults.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 15 GBP per pet per day..
If you require a pet-friendly room, please contact the hotel directly before you travel.
Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 15 GBP per pet per day..
Fees: A non-mandatory conservation charge of £2.50 per room, per stay, is payable at the hotel. This will go towards the upkeep of the historic hotel building.
up to 24% off
£149 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
- +44 (0) 20 3564 9000 UK & Europe
- 1-877-966-0000 U.S. and Canada (toll-free)
- Email us
Customer Service available Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(11 Member Ratings)