£159 – 2-night Cumbria escape inc dinner & cream tea
Two-night Lake District breaks at Newby Bridge Hotel, which has views of the River Leven, are now £159. This deal saves up to 31% on the usual price and includes:
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Double Room, with daily full Cumbrian breakfast, for two
- A 3-course set-menu dinner in the Garden View Restaurant on the first night (worth £29 per person)
- Cream tea on arrival (worth £9 per person)
- It's £119 for an overnight stay Sunday-Thursday only, with cream tea on arrival, a 3-course set-menu dinner and full Cumbrian breakfast
Why We Love It
- This 18th-century mansion sits on the shores of the River Leven, which flows out of Lake Windermere at its southern tip
- There is a luxuriously furnished replica Greek temple in the gardens
- Spa facilities include a pool, a gym and a steam room
- The hotel is around 15 minutes' drive from the activity hub of Bowness-on-Windermere
Dating back to 1793, the Newby Bridge Hotel was one of the first mansions built on the shores of Lake Windermere. It sits in landscaped gardens overlooking the water at the lake's southernmost tip, where the River Leven flows out of it.
The property is about a mile from several local attractions: the Lakes Aquarium, Lakeland Motor Museum and Fell Foot Park, a Victorian country park that was formerly the grounds of a country house, but is now owned by the National Trust. Bowness-on-Windermere -- a hub for outdoor activities, and home to the World of Beatrix Potter Attraction -- is around 15 minutes' drive away, and Cartmel, a picturesque village with a racecourse and a priory that dates from the 12th century, is around 10 minutes' drive.
The Garden View Restaurant features a menu using local produce -- much of it from the hotel's own kitchen garden -- while The Huntsman's Inn has log fires for chilly evenings. There is also an indoor pool, a steam room, a small gym and a spa pool, as well as free Wi-Fi in public areas. Dogs are welcome for an extra charge (please notify the hotel in advance).
There are 46 bedrooms at the property, including five with 4-poster beds. Couples can stay in the elegant Greek-style temple (the Rotunda). Here, you'll find remote-controlled lighting, a TV that descends from the ceiling, discreet speakers and an iPod docking station.
Click here to see our list of 101 Things to do in the Lake District.
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Infant's cot/crib and extra beds are not available.
Pets: Dogs are allowed on request: £10 per dog, per night. Please note that dogs are not permitted in the restaurant. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
£80 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu 1 Dec, 2017-23 Mar, 2018; +£20 Fri & Sat
Getting ThereThe nearest railway station is Windermere, which is a 20-minute drive from the hotel. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(92 Member Ratings)