£139 – 2-Night Somerset Break with Prosecco, Was £265
Escape to Combe House Hotel in the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty for less than £70 per person. Two-night breaks now cost 44% less and include:
- Two nights' accommodation in a Classic Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A glass of prosecco on the first night (worth £6 per person)
- Petits fours in the room on arrival (worth £15)
- It's £159 for a Superior Room
Why We Love It
- The hotel is in a wooded valley in an area that has red deer, wild ponies and even an extinct volcano
- William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge were inspired by the landscape surrounding the hotel, and both lived nearby
- Dunster Castle and Exmoor National Park are both less than 30 minutes' drive away
- The Grade I-listed ruins of Glastonbury Abbey, and Tiverton Castle, a 17th-century country house, are less than an hour away by car
Combe House Hotel is a privately owned country-house hotel in Somerset's Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Hidden away in a wooded valley, this boutique property has 17 individually styled bedrooms and a cosy cottage feel.
Located in the village of Holford, the hotel is also a 30-minute drive from Taunton, Bridgwater and Minehead. Dunster Castle, a former motte and bailey castle that's now a grand country house, and Exmoor National Park, are also half an hour's drive away, while Tiverton Castle, Glastonbury Abbey and the seaside town of Weston-super-Mare are within 50 minutes' drive.
Wookey Hole Caves -- an extensive network of limestone caves which is noted for the Witch of Wookey Hole -- is just over an hour's drive away.
The Woodland Hill circular walk passes right by the hotel. It will take you through open heathland and offers impressive views of the Somerset Levels, Mendip Hills, Bristol Channel and the Brecon Beacons.
The on-site restaurant and bar use produce from local suppliers, from Somerset cider to artisan cheese.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £10 per night for children aged 2 and under, £20 per night for older children and adults. This includes breakfast. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking.
Children under 2 stay free of charge, on request, when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per night on checkout.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: Wheelchair access may be limited in some parts of the hotel. Please check before booking.
£70 / night
When You Can Go
Until 31 Aug; +£10 per night Fri-Sat May-Aug
Getting ThereThe hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Bridgwater station; Taunton station is around 30 minutes' drive and has direct services to London. The hotel is around 30 minutes' drive from Junction 23 on the M5. Parking is free.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(306 Member reviews)