Sold out(March 03, 2021) A new deal from this source was published on March 03, 2021. See new deal
£1199pp – China: 5-star 12-night tour w/flights & panda visit
See four UNESCO World Heritage Sites, visit two cosmopolitan cities, and see the giant pandas
Set out on a Chinese odyssey with this exclusive 12-night tour from Exoticca. For £1199 per person, you get you the chance to trek the Great Wall of China, see the extraordinary 8000 life-size clay statues of the Terracotta Army, meet the endangered giant pandas, and explore two of the world's most innovative cities. This tour includes flights, bullet-train rides, transfers, and 5-star accommodation throughout.
- Return international flights: outbound to Shanghai; return from Chengdu
- Three nights at the Crowne Plaza Shanghai Pudong, Shanghai
- Bullet train from Shanghai to Beijing
- Four nights at the Wyndham Hotel Beijing North, Beijing
- Bullet train from Beijing to Xi'an
- Two nights at the Jianguo Hotel, Xi'an
- Bullet train from Xi'an to Chengdu
- Three nights at the Felton Gloria Grand Hotel, Chengdu
- Daily breakfast
- All entry fees and excursions with an English-speaking guide
- Shared transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
A Chinese visa invitation will be provided, but the visas for travel are not included — they cost around £217 per person for UK residents and need to be secured before travel.
Depart from London or Dublin on select dates October-November, 2021
Fly from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, or Newcastle from £1299 per person.
Travel on select dates March; May-June, 2022, from £1599 per person.
For more information, further departure dates and airports, or to book this deal online, visit the Exoticca website. Or call 020 3966 8627, quoting deal ID 5426.
- Shanghai… spend three nights in this cosmopolitan megalopolis, and discover its unique blend of historic sites, peaceful gardens, and towering, futuristic buildings. You'll take a walking tour of Nanjing Road and the historic Bund area
- Beijing… explore China's buzzing capital, walking the enchanting hútòngs (ancient alleyways) and tasting the imperial-era cuisine. You'll visit the "absolutely unique" (Lonely Planet) Temple of Heaven, the Olympic Park, a pearl factory, and take a day-long excursion to the Great Wall of China — a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New7Wonders of the World
- Xi'an… once the eastern starting point of the Silk Road, it is now a "roaring modern city" (Lonely Planet). You'll see the Terracotta Army, explore the Old City Wall's South Gate, the warren-like Muslim Quarter, and learn about the ancient art of Chinese calligraphy at the Yanyuan Art Museum
- Chengdu… meet the endangered giant pandas in their leafy enclosures at the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. During your 3-night stay you'll also visit the Panda Museum and the Shu Brocade and Embroidery Museum, before heading back to the airport for your flight back to the UK
Alternatively, take a 12-night tour which visits Zhangjiajie National Park — the area which Avatar was based on — including Hallelujah Mountain, instead of Chengdu, from £1399 per person.
Transfers & baggage
All transfers are included. Checked baggage is included on some departures — check with Exoticca when booking.
ABTA and ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Exoticca is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.