Luxury space hotel now taking bookings. For $9 million per person
Here’s what we know so far…
1. A stay on Aurora Station will set you back somewhere in the order of $9.5 million for a 12-night immersive experience. That’s just under $800k a night.
2. The hotel measures 35 feet by 12 feet, about the size of a small jet, and will orbit the earth at a distance of 200 miles.
3. The first trips are scheduled for 2022.
4. If you’ve got a spare $80k knocking about, you can put a deposit down right here, right now. The first four months have already sold out though, sorry!
5. The company behind this bold venture is Orion Span, made up of space industry veterans with over 140 years of space experience behind them.
6. The hotel will orbit earth every 90 minutes. That means guests will take in 16 sunrises and sunsets every 24 hours.
7. If you’re not a people person, don’t bother applying. You’ll be sharing this experience with just six other people and two crew members.
8. Check-in takes ages. Three months, to be precise. During this time, you’ll go through an intensive space-training regimen that would ordinarily take two years!
9. Worried about feeling cut off? Don’t be, they’ll have high-speed internet, so you can stay in contact with your family back home.
10. Orion Span promise guests the opportunity to “enjoy the exhilaration of zero gravity… gaze at the northern and southern aurora through the many windows, soar over their hometowns, and take part in research experiments such as growing food while in orbit".
If you need something to keep you going (just while you're saving up), perhaps we can point you in the direction of some more more earthly adventures. This way for our latest holiday deals