Sold outThis deal was published September 23, 2023 and sold out November 30, 2023. See current deals
$2949—Member-favorite Sri Lanka safari tour w/private driver
Why We Love This Deal
With this one-of-a-kind Sri Lanka experience, you'll be whisked away by your private driver and tour guide to Uga Residences in Colombo to rest for the night before travelling to Chena Huts, a luxe hideaway inside Yala National Park. There, you’ll stay in an ultra-private cabin with its own plunge pool; and each day, you’ll be escorted on a game drive to explore one of the world's most biodiverse locations, home to crocodiles, peacocks and 44 mammal species, including the most dense population of leopards in the world.
This package is exclusively available to Travelzoo members and designed to include an extended stay at Chena Huts, which was the overwhelming favorite among members who stayed here in the past.
- For $2949 per person ($5899 for two), embark on a 6-night chauffeured safari and private tour for two people including:
- Daily departures from Nov. 1, 2023 - Dec. 15, 2024
- 1 night at 5-star Uga Residences in a Park Suite
- 5 nights at 5-star Chena Huts in a 1,130-square-foot cabin (all-inclusive; incl. all meals and drinks; select wine, beer and spirits)
- Daily safari game drives in a shared jeep at Yala National Park; private tour of Galle Fort
- Roundtrip airport transfers and all ground transportation with a private chauffeur throughout the tour; English-speaking guides; all necessary entrance fees, per the itinerary (excl. optional sightseeing)
- Add 4 nights in the Maldives to your trip with upgrade options from $7599 for two people; this includes a one-way flight for 2 from Colombo to Male in economy class ($640 value) and accommodations at SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton; plus a $100 resort credit (per room, per stay) and two daily cocktails at the pool bar
- A high-season surcharge applies from Dec. 1, 2023 - April 30, 2024 and Nov. 1 - Dec. 15, 2024 for tours with the Maldives extension: +$150 a day for private tours is paid directly to Diethelm Travel
More Reasons to Go
- Chena Huts is one of just a handful of hotels to actually sit in Yala National Park—elephants and other wildlife frequently roam across the resort grounds on their way to cool off at the beach
- No stranger to being singled out as an excellent place to stay, Chena Huts regularly ranks as one of the world's top boutique luxury hotels and has been recognized as a 2023 Best of the Best on TripAdvisor
- With its elephant- and leopard-seeking safaris, idyllic beach swimming, ancient cities and 5-star resorts, it's no wonder Sri Lanka was featured among the Best Places to Travel Around the World in 2023 (Forbes)
- Complete the luxurious Indian Ocean getaway with an extension at SAii Lagoon Maldives, where you can indulge in the private-island atmosphere with exclusive Travelzoo perks like a daily cocktail at the pool bar and $100 resort credit
About the Destination
An island nation just off the southern tip of India, Sri Lanka is famed for its postcard-worthy beaches, dense rain forests, abundant wildlife and ancient ruins dating back millennia.
To reach Sri Lanka, U.S. travelers will fly into Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB), where you'll meet your tour guide.
How to book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo, then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please email email@example.com. Reservations must be made via email and are subject to availability. We recommend booking at least 60 days in advance to secure your desired travel dates. Any unused Promotional Value will be forfeited upon checkout. Voucher(s) must be used in 1 visit.
Voucher cancellation and refund policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the tour operator's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the tour operator prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days your voucher becomes nonrefundable.
Tour cancellation and rescheduling policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, changes and cancellations are subject to Diethelm Travel’s cancellation policy, and must be made at least 21 days prior to arrival. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the tour operator's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Additional Hotel-Specific Charges: Hotel taxes and fees are included in the voucher price. A daily $6 green tax per person is not included with the Maldives extensions and will be paid directly to Diethelm Travel.
Occupancy rules: To book the $2949-per-person price, a minimum of 2 travelers is required. Maximum occupancy is 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Additional fees apply for 3rd and 4th guests regardless of age; contact Diethelm Travel directly for details. All additional fees are to be paid directly to Diethelm Travel.
Tour does NOT include: International airfare to / from Sri Lanka; personal travel insurance; personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities, etc.; meals and services other than mentioned in the itinerary; drinks with meals; compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons (if any); Electronic Travel Authorization fee for visas (approx. $50-$60; please note that an ETA is compulsory for all nationalities, except for those from Singapore and Maldives); early check-in and late checkout at hotels, if not mentioned in the itinerary; any other expenses which are not mentioned in the itinerary.