$1999 – Tuscany Dream for Two: 5-Star Castle, Wine & Meals
Why We Love This Deal
In negotiating this luxurious Tuscany escape, we've pulled out all the stops.
You’ll stay in an 11th-century-castle-turned-5-star hotel and spa, drink Brunello di Montalcino wine (one of Italy's best wines, made from the vineyards surrounding the hotel), and eat dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant — all while soaking in spectacular views of Tuscany’s UNESCO World Heritage Landscape, Val d’Orcia.
Not only does this exclusive package cost about half what you’d typically pay for this experience, but you can use this deal April 2021 - October 2022.
- Two people stay 3 nights, anytime from April 6, 2021 - Oct. 31, 2022:
- $1999 ... accommodations in a suite with a separate living area, marble bathroom and vineyard views (upgrade to Brunello Suite subject to availability)
- $2220 ... accommodations in a UNESCO Suite with vineyard views, a private garden and sunbeds
Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast
- One dinner for two at your choice of the following restaurants: Settimo Senso (on site), Il Silene (an off-site Michelin-starred restaurant), or Cum Quibis (an off-site Michelin-starred restaurant)*
- A blindfolded wine-tasting session for two people (suite stays) or a private wine-tasting in the thermal spa (UNESCO Suite stays)
- $100 credit to use towards a cooking class or a spa treatment
- One bottle of Brunello di Montalcino 2014
- Price is for two guests (not per person)
- Add extra nights for $436 (suite) and $718 (UNESCO Suite)
- Not available on: Aug. 1-31, 2021; Dec. 24, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2022; Jan. 15 - April 1, 2022; April 15-18, 2022; other exclusion dates may apply — enquire when booking
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details.
Why We Love It
- Originally a Medieval fortress, this “majestic” 5-star hotel is known for its attentive service, “excellent” restaurants, and thermal baths, fed from natural hot springs (Condé Nast Traveler)
- Set on a hilltop outside Montalcino, this Leading Hotel of the World has sweeping views over the rolling vineyards which produce the world-famous wine Brunello of Montalcino
- Easy day trips include visits to the towns of Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, San Quirico d’Orcia and Bagno Vignoni
- This deal includes dinner at your choice of award-winning restaurants: Settimo Senso, the on-site restaurant, has a west-facing terrace overlooking the valley (perfect for dinner at sunset) and the Best Young Italian Chef 2017; Il Silene is 30 minutes away, has a Michelin star and serves traditional Tuscan cuisine; Cum Quibus is 50 minutes away, has a Michelin star and serves modern dishes with Tuscan roots; the hotel can arrange a car and driver to the off-site restaurants for an extra fee
About the Destination
Outside Montalcino, the hotel sits in one of Tuscany's most famous wine regions and overlooks the rolling vista of Val d'Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. International travelers will find it most convenient to fly into Florence, Pisa or Rome. Flights are not included with this deal. From the airport, you'll want to rent a car to drive to the hotel (two-three hours away) and explore the area.
Occupancy Rules: Based on double occupancy. Maximum occupancy is two adults and two children. Up to one child age 4 or younger can stay free of charge, staying in the same bed. Children ages 5-11 can stay for an additional 100€ (approximately US$120) per night; children aged 12-17 can stay for an additional 150€ (approximately US$181) per night.
Additional Hotel Specific Charges: Hotel taxes are included in the deal price. A 5€ (approximately US$6) city tax per person, per night, is not included and is payable directly to the property at the time of stay. The hotel is pet friendly; pets are charged at 10% of the voucher value per single pet. Pets are not allowed in the spa, pool, or restaurant areas of the hotel. Parking in the hotel parking area is included. Valet parking is available for 25€ (approximately US$30) per stay. Parking in the front gate is 25€ per night. The hotel can arrange a car and driver to take you to the off-site restaurants for an additional fee; please enquire when booking.
How to Book: Purchase this deal from Travelzoo then follow the instructions on the voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. To check availability or for general questions, please call +39 0577 839002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant and spa reservations are subject to availability. Please specify at which restaurant you would like to dine when booking.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Until the voucher’s expiry date, Travelzoo will give you a full refund of your purchase if you can't find dates that suit you or you can't travel. If you already booked your dates, simply cancel with the hotel at least 14 days prior to arrival and contact Travelzoo for a refund. If you cancel or change your booking after that time you may be subject to additional hotel fees. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies for reservations at Il Silene and Cum Quibis; reservations cancelled after that time are subject to €50 (approximately US$60) fee per person. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. This hotel is pet-friendly. Review hotel’s pet policy on its website or call to inquire. Voucher(s) must be used in one visit. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol.