$99 – Fly over Pacific Ocean or Hollywood Sign, Save 60%
South Coast Aeronautics
Save 60% on private flying lessons and see downtown LA, the Hollywood sign or California's gorgeous coastline from the air.
- $99 for a private 45-minute flight lesson for two (reg. $259.99)
- Soar above the Pacific Ocean as you take in sights of Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach and Long Beach
- Includes a 20-minute pre-flight briefing and 25 minutes of hands-on flight time (one person will fly the plane and the other person is a passenger)
$149 for a private 70-minute flight lesson for one (reg. $350)
- Fly past the Hollywood sign, downtown LA, Beverly Hills and movie studios
- Includes a 20 minute pre-flight briefing and 50 minutes of hands-on flight time
- All flights are guided by a FAA-certified pilot instructor
- Note: A mandatory airport fee and tax of $38.99 per voucher, and 15% gratuity, will be due and paid directly to merchant at time of booking.
Why We Love It
- Earns a 95% approval rating from Travelzoo members
- Members call it "an experience of a lifetime" and praise the "professional" pilot for helping them feel comfortable and at ease
- Bring a friend on a flight for two
Voucher can be redeemed immediately; valid during merchant's operating hours. Additional fee applies for evening flights. Reservations required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance; subject to availability. Upon arrival, present printed voucher or display in Travelzoo mobile app. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time. A mandatory airport fee and tax of $38.99 per voucher, and 15% gratuity, will be due and paid directly to merchant at time of booking. Valid for one or two people, depending on the voucher purchased. Additional guests may accompany the student at a rate of $50 each, paid directly to the merchant; guest cannot fly plane. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies; subject to forfeiture. Flight times subject to availability and are weather permitting. Must be at least 18 years old or older to fly or be accompanied by an adult. Cannot combine with any other offer. Must be used in one visit.
When You Can Go
Through Dec. 31, 2017
(36 Member Ratings)
(36 Member Ratings)
The sunset was amazing
My instructor was very nice and informative
Deborah Sep 25, 2017 Arcadia, USA
The experience was absolutely divine! We were early and because there was a cancellation, taken early. The views are breathtaking. I LOVE this opportunity. Favorite Travelzoo experience thus far!
Thank you Thank you thank you for offering this experience at a discount - worth every penny and then some!
Nina Jul 02, 2017 Philadelphia, USA
The instructor was fantastic. And the ride over the ocean was unbeatable.
Ashley Apr 18, 2017 Los Angeles, USA
The pilot was calm and cool. He made it comfortable and exciting, without a tour guide persona. It was great!!
A must do for anyone that has lived in Los Angelles for years. It is the town that you love from a totallly different perspective.
Amanda Mar 25, 2017 Redondo Beach, USA
It was absolutely amazing! My friend and I had the best time, and Carey was an incredibly calm and patient teacher. We loved it! What a rush!
Carey was fantastic. Highly recommend him!
Catherine May 04, 2017 Santa Monica, USA
The pilot instructor was awesome with my son.
Everyone young and old should have this experience. Great value!
Leona Jun 29, 2017 Henderson, USA
Cary has a an easy going confidence that makes even the nervous passenger feel right at home. He adjusted the flight to meet our interests and preferences where possible.
Robert Dec 06, 2016 Redondo Beach, USA
This was our wedding anniversary activity and my husband and I both loved it! My husband got to fly the plane once we were in the air. Overall, this was a great experience! I made sure to email the business before purchasing the voucher to check for availability. After that, booking was easy. There's an extra $47 or so additional fee to pay before the flight but it's worth it!
Joanna Sep 12, 2016 Westchester, USA
The instructor was on time and we got started right away. I was also able to change my flight when I arrive to go over Catalina island.
kevin Aug 30, 2016 Irvine, USA
It was fantastic
Kim Oct 11, 2016 Hermosa Beach, USA