$275 – Luxe Nicaragua Eco-Resort at 50% Off
This "epic and intimate" (Conde Nast Traveler) Central American eco-resort welcomes guests with organic gardens and suites with plunge pools and ocean views. The travel window through November covers major holidays like Memorial Day and Fourth of July.
- What's included:
- Stay on most dates through Nov. 6
- $275 per night ... Golf and Mountain Bohio
- $375 per night ... Ocean View Bohio
- $950-$1,250 per night for three- and four-bedroom condos that can accommodate parties of six to eight people
- Breakfast for two (reg. $60)
- Stays of 4 or more nights receive complimentary ground transfers from Managua or Emerald Coast airports (reg. $400 roundtrip per vehicle)
- Travelzoo Tip: Check out our blog post on reasons why you should visit this resort.
- Room price based on two guests
- Additional adults are $150 per guest per night; +$75 per children
- Nonrefundable price
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of 10% per night; the fee covers access to the fitness center, valet parking, high-speed Internet, on-property golf-cart transfers and two 200 ml bottles of Flor de Cana Rum.
- Not pet-friendly
What you need to know:
“A sense of complete escape and privacy ... a virtual Eden” -- Huffington Post
Why We Love It
- Eco-friendly resort supporting local schools, housing and health care
- All stays include a complimentary, limited-edition bottle of rum
- Free treetop yoga classes and access to surf lessons on the private beach
- Named to Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Resorts in Central America List (2017)
Nicaragua’s first luxury resort is the family-run Mukul on the country’s Emerald Coast. The sprawling property features 1,670 acres of white sand beach, tropical forest and rugged coastline, plus 37 accommodations for an intimate experience.
Guest rooms include the choice of villas or suites, and all have air conditioning, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and views of the golf course, mountains or ocean. Suites also feature outdoor teak decks with plunge pools. Families and groups can book villas with one or two private bedrooms with outdoor showers and hammocks, private plunge pools and one or two oversized bathrooms.
The eco-resort gives back to the Nicaraguan community by providing free health care for children, planting indigenous trees, remodeling homes and supplying books, uniforms and educational materials for local schools. Voluntourism opportunities for guests include painting houses, delivering school supplies or digging wells to access clean drinking water. Committed to protecting the natural environment, the resort designated sections of its beach as a refuge to help repopulate indigenous sea turtles. During the resort’s organized baby turtle releases between September and May, guests can get up close and personal with these efforts.
Using local ingredients, the resort’s restaurants serve Mexican, Italian, French, Mediterranean and Asian-inspired menus. Guests can enjoy fine dining with a tasting menu, casual dining overlooking the ocean, a romantic dinner with in-room dining or a beach picnic. On Thursdays, all guests are welcome to join the Nica Luau with grilled delicacies, bonfires and live music. The daily happy hour includes half-price rum cocktails just in time for sunset.
Guests can join complimentary daily yoga classes in the treetop pavilion, and private instruction is also available. The property features an 18-hole golf course, a large outdoor pool, tennis courts, a fitness center and a spa. The resort also offers tours of nearby villages and volcanoes, surfing and snorkeling adventures and fishing excursions.
- “’Mukul’ means ‘secret’ in the Mayan language of Tzotzil -- a fitting moniker, as guests will want to keep word about this resort on a sweep of Nicaragua’s western Emerald Coast from getting out” -- Conde Nast Traveler
- “What sets Mukul apart from other properties in the region are the 37 luxurious rooms decorated with furniture made by Nicaraguan craftsmen -- not to mention the on-site access to surfing and deep-sea fishing” -- Travel + Leisure
- “From rum distillery tours to volcanic ‘ash boarding,’ Mukul has become a veritable ambassador for Central America” -- MoneyInc.com
- Kids' club
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- iPad on request
- Complimentary Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Extra bedding available upon request: $150 plus tax, per night. Children welcome, $75 (subject to tax) per child, per night. Infant cribs are not available.
Extra person charge is $150 (subject to tax), per person, per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Children welcome, $75 (subject to tax) per child, per night. Infant cribs are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: A resort/facility fee of 10% (subject to tax) per night, will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes access to fitness center, valet parking, high speed internet access, on property golf cart transfers, two 200ml bottles of Flor De Cana Rum.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel offers complimentary Valet Parking.
$275 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates through Nov. 6
Getting ThereTo reach Mukul, fly into Managua’s August C. Sandino International Airport, and the resort is about 2.5 hours south. International travelers can also fly into Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport in Liberia and connect to Emerald Coast International Airport in Nicaragua with the assistance of the hotel’s VIP Concierge Service, including a private car to the resort.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.