$119 – Wilmington's 4-Star 'Grand Dame' Hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Since 1913, Hotel Du Pont, has hosted such luminaries as Prince Rainier of Monaco, President John F. Kennedy and Eleanor Roosevelt. Luxuriate at this historic 4.5-star Wilmington hotel and save 50% on stays into 2022, plus enjoy a batch of the hotel's signature macaroons at check-in.
- Check in to a cozy Classic King Room, September - February
- $119 per night … Sunday-Thursday
- $189 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- Upgrade to a spacious Luxury King Room for +$30 per night
- Travelzoo member perk: complimentary macaroons ($15 value)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- Price based on up to a maximum of two adults sharing a room
- Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is $35 plus tax, per day
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Located in downtown Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley, this hotel was built in 1913 by French and Italian craftsmen who carved and painted much of the noteworthy features by hand
- This area combines rich American history with trendy restaurants, a vibrant craft beer scene and a popular riverfront
- Winterthur Museum, Garden, & Library; Hagley Museum & Garden; and Mt. Cuba Center are all within a 15-minute drive from the hotel
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Since 1913, Hotel Du Pont, a Historic Hotel of America, has hosted such luminaries as Prince Rainier of Monaco, President John F. Kennedy and Eleanor Roosevelt. This 4.5-star property is the grand dame of Delaware hotels and sits in the heart of downtown Wilmington.
Guests are welcomed into a lavish lobby that radiates “old school glamour” (Condé Nast Traveler). Everything from the painted ceiling, furnishings and marble walls is posh and art-inspired. Classic King rooms, at 300 square feet, are cozy and styled with Old-World European décor. Upgraded rooms feature a separate sitting area and deep soaking tubs.
The on-site restaurant, Le Cavalier at The Green Room, is the newest addition to Wilmington’s dining scene and honors the deep equestrian tradition in the Brandywine River Valley. Chef-Partner Tyler Akin’s seasonal brasserie menu draws influence from Provence and North Africa and showcases innovative riffs on French classics while emphasizing the abundance of Delaware’s foodways.
The city of Wilmington is small, but it has a vibrant arts and social scene with restaurants, tax-free shopping, and museums and art galleries nearby. The Winterthur Museum and Gardens, a 10-minute drive away, is home to 700 acres of gardens, woodlands and a museum. Be sure to visit the Hagley Museum and Mount Cuba Center all located within a 10-minute drive from the hotel.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
Standard Time is 3pm. Early check-in can be requested and will be honored based on hotel availability.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Check-in prior to 7am will result in a charge of an additional one-night stay (room and tax).
Early check-in can be requested and will be honored based on hotel availability.
Standard Time is 12pm. Late checkout can be requested and will be honored based on hotel availability.
Checkout after 4pm will result in a charge of an additional one-night stay (room and tax).
Late checkout can be requested and will be honored based on hotel availability.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Maximum occupancy in Classic King is 2 adults.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Maximum occupancy in Luxury King is 2 adults and 1 child.
Maximum occupancy in Classic King is 2 adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $100 plus tax per pet per stay.
Maximum weight: 25 pounds.
Valet service fee: $35 plus tax per day. Includes in and out privileges.
Includes in and out privileges.
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. For more information please visit: https://www.hoteldupont.com/health-and-safety
For more information please visit: https://www.hoteldupont.com/health-and-safety
$119 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(277 Member Ratings)