$139 – Wilmington's Renowned HOTEL DU PONT at 70% Off
Rich in style and tradition and often compared to the Plaza Hotel in New York, HOTEL DU PONT is easily the best hotel in town and in all of Delaware. Stays in this grande dame are an experience, and now Travelzoo members save up to 70% through the end of the year.
- What's included:
- Travel most dates through Dec. 31, 2018
- $139 per night ... most Thursdays-Sundays
- $329 per night ... most Mondays-Wednesdays
- Fourth of July week, June 28 - July 8 is just $139 per night
- Upgrades to Luxury King are $30 more per night
- Daily breakfast for two ($50 value)
- Valet parking with come-and-go privileges (reg. $22)
- Special welcome gift of almond macaroons
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +$50 per guest per night; children 18 years of age or younger are free of charge when using existing beds
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- Valet parking is $22 per night (waived with this offer), and self-parking is $16 per night
- Pet-friendly up to 25 pounds for an additional $100 per pet, per night
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Offer is not valid for group sales or existing reservations
What you need to know:
"You'll get a heady dose of old school glamour" -- Conde Nast Traveler
Why We Love It
- The hotel has been the heart of the city's social and cultural scene for more than 100 years
- Brandywine Valley Wine Trail is a 40-minute drive and covers six wineries to explore
- Longwood Gardens, a 25-minute drive away, was voted as the Best Botanical Gardens in the country this year by USA Today's 10Best
Since 1913, HOTEL DU PONT -- a Historic Hotel of America -- has hosted elite members of society such as Prince Rainier of Monaco, President John F. Kennedy and Eleanor Roosevelt. This 4-star property is the grand dame of Delaware hotels and sits in the heart of downtown Wilmington.
Guests are welcomed into a lavish lobby that radiates “old school glamour” (Conde Nast Traveler). Everything from the painted ceiling, furnishings and marble walls is posh and art-inspired. Rooms are styled with old-world European decor and offer a spacious, a home-away-from-home stay. Features include a separate sitting area, deep soaking tubs and free Wi-Fi. There’s a 24-hour fitness center on site for all guests to use. The hotel also offers a free car service to and from the downtown Amtrak train station, based on availability and advance notice.
Known for impeccable food and service (and hosting some A-listers and historical figures), the Green Room is a must-visit; this on-site restaurant has earned many awards, including the state's only AAA 4-Diamond award for a restaurant. Previous guests say the Sunday brunch is the best in town. The Lobby Lounge is also open for casual afternoon tea, light fare or happy hour with live tunes on the grand piano.
The city of Wilmington is small, but has a vibrant arts and social scene, with restaurants, tax-free shopping and the Brandywine Valley museums and art galleries nearby. Among many museums nearby, Longwood Gardens, a 25-minute drive away, was just voted as the Best Botanical Garden in the nation by USA Today's 10Best. The Winterthur Museum and Gardens, a 15-minute drive away, is home to 700 acres of naturalistic gardens, woodlands and museum galleries. The Playhouse on Rodney Square, located in the building, is a famed theater dating back to 1913; it hosts national Broadway performances, comedies and concerts.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Minimum age required to check-in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for additional children and guests age 19 and over is $50.00 USD (subject to tax) per person, per night. Charges will be added to the total price at check-out.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for additional children and guests age 19 and over is $50.00 USD (subject to tax) per person, per night. Charges will be added to the total price at check-out.
Pets: Dogs (maximum weight: 25 pounds) are allowed on request and will be charged $100 USD (subject to tax) per dog, per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $22.00 USD (subject to tax), per day or Self-Parking for $16.00 USD (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Note: The valet parking fee will be waived when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
$139 / night
When You Can Go
Thursday-Sunday through Dec. 31; Monday-Wednesday at $329
Getting ThereThe hotel is three hours from New York and Washington, D.C., about two hours from Baltimore and less than an hour from Philadelphia by car. Philadelphia International Airport is 30 minutes away and a taxi would be approximately $82 one way. Arriving and departing guests enjoy a complimentary car service to and from the Wilmington Amtrak station, based on availability with advance notice.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(8 Member Ratings)