$129-$189 – Luxe Downtown Chicago Kimpton, incl. Weekends
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Per U.S. News & World Report, not only does the luxe Kimpton Gray Hotel rank among the 20 Best Chicago Hotels, it's one of the top Kimptons world-wide, too. Normally, staying here would set you back as much as $250 per night, but with this exclusive offer, members can stay from $129 per night through 2021.
- Check in to a Deluxe King Room, daily through December
- $129-$159 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- $159-$189 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- Deluxe Two Queen Rooms are also discounted (+$20 per night)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Travelzoo Tip: Pair this deal with flights to Chicago from 20 U.S. cities at a savings of 65% on regular fares.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to check-in
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No resort fee
- Wi-Fi is complimentary for IHG Rewards Members only (hint: it's free to sign up)
- Self-parking is $46 and valet parking is $69 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; no fee
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- One of a handful of hotel's actually in the Loop; this 4.5-star boutique is just a few blocks from Millennium Park and the Art Institute
- Formerly the historic private offices, Kimpton revived this swanky 1890s, Art Deco building with a multimillion-dollar renovation
- Per Time Out Chicago, the 15th rooftop lounge, Boleo, is the No. 1 bar in the Loop; it also offers killer views of downtown
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
The Kimpton Gray brings a chic 1920s feel with a touch of "Mad Men" style to Chicago's financial district. Built in a fully renovated 1890s-era building with a lobby covered in granite and Georgia Gray marble (the source of the hotel's name), the Kimpton group created one of the few 4.5-star options in the Loop.
If you think the hotel's rooms have the look of a bespoke men's suit, that's entirely on purpose. With a palette of light blues and gentle grays, the rooms feature details like armoires that open up to reveal a bright floral interior — mimicking the lining of a fashionable suit jacket. Other indulgent touches include marble bathrooms with rainfall showerheads and huge windows for tons of natural light. Wi-Fi is free for IHG Rewards Club members; there are plenty of USB outlets for devices, too.
Original details from the building's former life as an office space remain, like mail drops and extra-wide hallways, along with crown molding and very thick walls (so noise is less of a concern). All guests also receive an array of free perks, including yoga mats and umbrellas in each room, loaner bikes (available upon request), morning coffee and tea service in the lobby, along with a free hosted wine hour each night.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: free of charge.
High-Speed Wi-Fi fee: $12.99 plus tax per day. Note: If you sign up to join IHG Rewards standard, Wi-Fi is free. This rewards program is free to join.
Car park fee: $30 plus tax per day.
Note: If you sign up to join IHG Rewards standard, Wi-Fi is free. This rewards program is free to join.
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
$129 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.