$189-$239 – Modern Newport Hotel w/Breakfast, 40% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
We know that Travelzoo members have discerning taste, so when over 160 members say they loved their experience at Gurney's, it must be something special. That's why we negotiated this exclusive spring getaway that saves more than $150 per night into June, including breakfast for two.
"A little piece of the Hamptons ... in Newport" — Coastal Living
- Check in to a King or Two Double Room, Sundays-Thursdays
- $189 per night ... May 2-31
- $239 per night ... June 1-16
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily full breakfast for two ($60 value)
- Automatic room upgrade (based on availability)
- Late 2 p.m. checkout (based on availability)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $25-$40 inclusive of tax per night (see "Policies" for pricing details); the fee covers Wi-Fi, self-parking, fitness center access, shuttle service, and more
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- One of the Top 10 Hotels in Newport (The Telegraph) with modern interior design built around a working lighthouse on-site
- The hotel itself sits on an island in the middle of Narragansett Bay — that means sweeping views of the water from every side of the building
- It's only a 10-minute walk to Newport's historic downtown; the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service and loaner bikes to explore the area, too
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Sure, Newport is best known for its gilded-age mansions and historical landmarks, like St. Mary's Church — site of John and Jackie Kennedy's wedding. However, Gurney's Resort feels decidedly contemporary: Loads of natural light and sweeping views of the Narragansett Bay greet guests as they step into the lobby, which by the way, is decked out with nautically inspired furniture like rope-netted chairs. There are also 21st-century amenities like the on-site spa, where guests can choose among 40 sea-themed treatments.
The nautical-chic vibe extends into guest rooms, too, thanks to their blue, white and gray color palette offset by midcentury modern furnishings. They also come with granite counters in the bathrooms, 47-inch flat-screen TVs and beds that are "utterly comfortable" (The Telegraph).
Four on-site dining options include craft cocktails at the Lounge & Firepit, where guests can catch sweeping views of the sunset. There's also a seasonal poolside bar as well as a café for coffee and light snacks. However, the real standout here is the hotel's flagship restaurant, Showfish, which specializes in Mediterranean-inspired dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients and fresh-caught seafoods.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Standard Time is 11am. ***When booking the Travelzoo Deal, members are eligible for a 2pm late checkout based upon availability***
***When booking the Travelzoo Deal, members are eligible for a 2pm late checkout based upon availability***
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available in King Bed rooms only.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bed available in King Bed rooms only.
Pets are allowed on request.
Maximum weight: 40 pounds.
Pet fees are based on length of stay: $75.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for 1 night stays and $150.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for stays of 2 nights or more. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pet friendly rooms come in either standard or water view and are located on the first floor of our Lighthouse Wing. Pets will receive food and water bowls, a bed to sleep in, and a special room service menu.
Valet service fee: $35 plus tax per day. Valet parking includes in and out privileges.
The resort fee varies and is based on stay dates.
For stays through April 30:
A resort/facility fee of $25.00 USD tax inclusive, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort/ facility fee includes:
For stays in May & June:
A resort/facility fee of $40 USD tax inclusive, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort fee includes:
Valet parking includes in and out privileges.
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Our Restaurant Scarpetta will be returning on April 29th.
The restaurants offer outdoor and partial indoor seating.
The outdoor pool will be opening on Memorial Day Weekend.
Shuttle Service is available based on request to Bowen's Wharf.
Please contact the hotel for spa services and pricing.
Our gym and indoor pool are by reservation only, both have limitations following state guidelines.
Housekeeping service is daily, turndown is upon request.
The health & safety of our guests and colleagues is our top priority. For more information please visit:
Our Restaurant Scarpetta will be returning on April 29th.
Up to 40% Off
$189 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(201 Member Ratings)