$129 – Newport Retreat incl. Breakfast & Bottle of Prosecco
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Our secret for a romantic Newport getaway? Well, we'd start with more than $200 in nightly savings at one of the Top 5 Hotels in town (U.S. News & World Report), throw in extras like daily breakfast and a bottle of wine, then top it off with travel dates into next spring. Okay, it's not much of a secret...but it still sounds awfully nice.
"A little piece of the Hamptons ... in Newport" — Coastal Living
- Check in to a King Room, Sundays-Thursdays:
- $129 per night ... Jan. 1 - April 22, 2021
- $149 per night ... Nov. 1 - Dec. 30, 2020
- $189 per night ... Oct. 12-31, 2020
- Weekends are also discounted (+$60 per night)
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily breakfast for two ($60 value)
- Welcome bottle of prosecco at check-in ($48 value)
- Upgrade to a Two Double Room for +$10 per night
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a seasonal resort fee of $40 plus tax, per night through October ($25 plus tax, per night from November-April); the fee covers Wi-Fi, self-parking, fitness center and pool access, nightly turndown service and more
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- One of the top 10 hotels in Newport (The Telegraph) with modern interior design built around a working lighthouse on site
- The resort and sites around Newport were filming locations for the 2019 season of "The Bachelorette"
- The hotel itself sits on an island in the middle of Narragansett Bay — that means sweeping views of the water from every side of the building
- It's also only a 10-minute walk to Newport's historic downtown
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Sure, Newport is best known for its gilded-age mansions and historical landmarks, like St. Mary's Church — site of John and Jackie Kennedy's wedding. However, Gurney's Resort feels decidedly contemporary: Loads of natural light and sweeping views of the Narragansett Bay greet guests as they step into the lobby, which by the way, is decked out with nautically inspired furniture like rope-netted chairs. There are also 21st-century amenities like the on-site spa, where guests can choose among 40 sea-themed treatments.
The nautical-chic vibe extends into guest rooms, too, thanks to their blue, white and gray color palette offset by midcentury modern furnishings. They also come with granite counters in the bathrooms, 47-inch flat-screen TVs and beds that are "utterly comfortable" (The Telegraph).
Four on-site dining options include craft cocktails at the Lounge & Firepit, where guests can catch sweeping views of the sunset. There's also a seasonal poolside bar as well as a cafe for coffee and light snacks. However, the real standout here is the flagship restaurant, Showfish, which specializes in Mediterranean-inspired dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients and fresh-caught sea-foods.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available in King Bed rooms only.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bed available in King Bed rooms only.
Pets are allowed on request.
Maximum weight: 40 pounds.
Pet fees are based on length of stay: $75.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for 1 night stays and $150.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for stays of 2 nights or more. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pet friendly rooms come in either standard or water view and are located on the first floor of our Lighthouse Wing. Pets will receive food and water bowls, a bed to sleep in, and a special room service menu.
The resort fee varies and is based on stay dates.
For stays through October 31:
A resort/facility fee of $40 USD tax inclusive, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort fee includes:
For stays November 1 through April 30:
A resort/facility fee of $25.00 USD tax inclusive, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The resort/ facility fee includes:
Please contact the hotel for spa services and pricing.
Our gym and indoor pool are by reservation only, both have limitations following state guidelines.
The restaurants offer outdoor and partial indoor seating.
Housekeeping service is daily, turndown is upon request.
Valet Parking is currently unavailable.
The health & safety of our guests and colleagues is our top priority. For more information please visit:
Up to 55% Off
$129 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(115 Member Ratings)