$109 – Mendocino Oceanside Hotel w/$180 in Extras
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
With a location just 50 yards from the ocean, it's no surprise our members rave about the amazing ocean views at the beachfront Surf & Sand Lodge. Skip the tourist-trap coastal towns and head to Fort Bragg — "the most authentic place on the coast" (Fodor's) — with a deal that includes $180 in exclusive extras and saves up to 50% on the whole package.
- Accommodations in an Ocean View King or Two Queen room
- $109 per night ... many Sundays-Thursday, check in Oct. 27 - May 12
- $145 per night ... select Fridays-Saturdays, check in Nov. 8 - March 28
- $100 spa credit per stay toward a couples massage
- Two pints of Seasonal Craft Beer per stay at North Coast Brewing Co. ($16 value)
- Beach cruiser rentals, once per stay ($64 value)
- Daily continental breakfast
What You Need to Know
- 2-night minimum is required for all stays
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a king room or four guests sharing a two-queen room
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; cancel three days prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet friendly in some rooms for an additional fees; guests should contact the hotel for assistance choosing a pet-friendly room
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" section
Why We Love This Hotel
- Beachfront hotel with cottage feel adjacent to MacKerricher State Park
- Free Wi-Fi, continental breakfast and parking for guests
- All rooms come with private balconies or patios, most with ocean views
- One mile from Glass Beach and Skunk Train station to the redwood forests
Just 50 yards from the beach, the Surf & Sand Lodge offers intimate, relaxed accommodations reminiscent of a private beach home. Adjacent to the MacKerricher State Park coastal path, the family-owned hotel is a convenient choice for those wishing to explore the wineries, natural wonders and beaches of California’s northern coast.
Most rooms have ocean views, offering picturesque sunsets and the chance to spot whales from the comfort of private accommodations. Balconies or patios, free Wi-Fi, minifridges, microwaves and flat-screen TVs are standard in all rooms. Suites are ideal for romantic getaways, with luxuries like fireplaces and whirlpool tubs. The pet-friendly hotel welcomes four-legged guests with treats, and there is a dog park located across the parking lot at the sister property, Beachcomber Motel. Pet-friendly rooms are limited, and we recommend contacting the hotel before confirming your reservation to ensure a room is available.
Guests can start each day with free breakfast before renting bicycles to explore the nearby state park or ride along the coast. The hotel is a mile from a Skunk Train station; the line travels through redwood forest along the Noyo River. Glass Beach is a mile from the lodge, and Fort Bragg’s restaurants and art galleries are within a 20-minute walk of the property.
- 100% smoke-free
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play not available.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $20 plus tax per pet per day. Please call the hotel if you would like to bring your pet to choose a pet friendly room. Limited availability.
Please call the hotel if you would like to bring your pet to choose a pet friendly room. Limited availability.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Spa appointment subject to availability. Call hotel 707-964-2402 at time of booking to make your spa appointment.
$109 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(44 Member Ratings)