Chaa Creek Eco Lodge
Why We Love It
- Surrounded by 400 acres of private rain forest
- On-site organic farm provides produce for farm-to-table dining
- Rates include breakfast, Wi-Fi, canoeing and several guided tours
- 10% of room revenue goes to environmental and social programs
- Nearby Mayan archaeological site, Xunantunich, has two ancient temples and is only 30 minutes away by car and ferry
"The gracefully landscaped grounds ... are magnificent" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
From its humble beginnings as a vegetable farm and haven for backpackers, Chaa Creek is now lauded as “one of Belize's most prestigious eco-resorts” (Travel + Leisure).
Located at the foothills of Mayan mountains, near the border of Guatemala, the eco-friendly resort pays homage to the local culture and environment by marrying the land's natural beauty with man-made conveniences. The thatched-roof cottages, which serve as guest rooms, are kept naturally cool by the traditional adobe design. The lodge's rustic luxury is highlighted in the cottages' terra-cotta tile floors and Guatemalan textiles.
With a nature reserve, horseback riding, infinity pool, butterfly exhibit, hiking trails and a spa, the lodge supplies a range of activities to keep travelers engaged. Guests can commune with nature while hiking the medicinal trail or canoeing the Macal River where toucans, iguanas and monkeys can be spotted. The nearby caves and Mayan ruins provide even more to be discovered.
- "Chaa Creek has a powerful effect on everyone, with its simple pace and its natural setting, which allow visitors to stop and savor the sounds of the jungle, the gardens and their endless varieties of flowers and scents, and the night sky, loaded with stars" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Service is very friendly and personable" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Standard checkout time: 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child up to age 8. Extra beds available on request free of charge.
No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.