$99 – Iconic Galveston Beachfront Hotel, 40% Off
This historic stunner on the Gulf shores of Galveston has welcomed famous guests like Teddy Roosevelt and Howard Hughes since its 1911 opening. Travelzoo members can visit with rates beginning at $99 per night.
- What's included:
- Travel most dates through Dec. 30
- Stay in a City View room
- $99 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- $199 per night ... Fridays
- $219 per night ... Saturdays
- Upgrade to a Partial View room for +$10
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; children ages 18 and younger stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding
- Additional adults are +$20 per guest per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is $10 and valet parking is $18 per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
What you need to know:
"Grande dame on a Texas beach" -- Travel + Leisure
Why We Love It
- Dating back to 1911, this iconic hotel is known as "Queen of the Gulf"
- The large heated pool is a retreat with vine-covered columns and a swim-up bar
- Complimentary shuttles and courtesy bicycle are available for island exploration
Known as "Queen of the Gulf," Hotel Galvez & Spa is an iconic property gracing the Texas coastline for over 100 years. Attracting both couples and families, this AAA 4-Diamond hotel is across the street from the beach where "there’s no sign of the area’s rowdy spring-break scene" (Travel + Leisure).
Celebrating the building's original architecture, guestrooms are on the smaller side, but their amenities "are as modern as they come" (U.S. News) and include complimentary Wi-Fi, docking stations and Simmons Smart Beds.
Named one of the Top 100 Brunch Restaurants in America by OpenTable diners, Galvez Bar & Grill is the go-to for local seafood and a renowned Sunday Champagne Brunch. Guests can enjoy poolside cocktails and Texas-style bites at the seasonal swim-up bar and grill.
A full menu of services is available at the tranquil day spa, but the true hub of relaxation is the expansive saline pool with a whirlpool and plenty of recliners.
To explore off-site attractions, the hotel offers bicycle rentals and a courtesy shuttle to the Strand Historic District and Pier 21.
- "The real star of the hotel is the staff, who provide friendly and accommodating southern hospitality" -- Oyster.com
- "[Hotel Galvez] celebrated its 100th anniversary ... yet it's hardly showing its age" -- U.S. News
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to the age of 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Pack and Play available on request (and based on availability), free of charge. Extra bed available on request (and based on availability), for one child or one adult in the City View King Room only: $20.00 per day (subject to tax).
Extra person charge is $20 per person, per night for the 3rd/4th guest in the room.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets (25 pounds or less) are allowed on request and will be charged a $100.00 (subject to tax) cleaning fee per stay. Charges will be applied by hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
A Valet Parking Fee of $18.00 (subject to tax) and a Self-Parking fee of $10.00 (subject to tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. There is an additional cost for oversize vehicles. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
$99 / night
When You Can Go
Travel Sunday-Thursday through Dec. 30; +$100-$120 weekends
Getting ThereHotel Galvez is approximately an hour drive from downtown Houston and the George Bush Intercontinental Airport. Valet parking with unlimited in/out access is available for $18 per night. Additionally, Self-parking is available in the adjacent parking garage at a charge of $10 per night.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(36 Member Ratings)