Royal Sonesta New Orleans
Why We Love It
- Bourbon Street’s only luxury hotel with live jazz on-site
- Full-time horticulturist keeps the property’s three courtyards full of lush flowers
- Poolside cabana provides drinks, snacks and free sunscreen
- Mardi Gras hot spot: Many rooms have wrought iron balconies over Bourbon Street
"Largest and loveliest courtyard swimming pools in the city" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Occupying a full block of the French Quarter, the Royal Sonesta is the only luxurious hotel on Bourbon Street. The crystal-lit marble lobby guides visitors to three lush courtyards tended to by the hotel’s full-time horticulturist. The only reminder of the hotel’s Bourbon Street address is the lively pool, a favorite for singles with a cabana dishing out cocktails, tunes and complimentary sunscreen.
Rooms overlook the pool, a courtyard or lively French Quarter street. Renovated to include sleek dark woods, new carpeting, granite countertops and pillow-top mattress, many of the rooms also feature French doors opening to wrought iron balconies. Those looking for a quieter stay should request accommodations away from Bourbon Street, which is noisy late into the night. The Tower Floor on the seventh level has 30 rooms and four suites with exclusive elevators and private concierge.
Chef John Folse and James Beard Award-winner Rick Tramonto partnered to open Restaurant R’evolution featuring modern interpretations of Creole and Cajun cuisine. Desire Oyster Bar faces Bourbon Street and serves local seafood while Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse spotlights local artists with late night burlesque performances on weekends.
Located in the center of the French Quarter, the hotel is within walking district of art galleries, boutiques, museums and world-class dining.
- "The gorgeous, nicely decorated quarters at this French Quarter favorite sure feel royal, but its real appeal is 'location, location, location'" -- Zagat
- "Home to one of the largest and loveliest courtyard swimming pools in the city" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Those who want a certain New Orleans experience can take a balcony room and watch an eclectic parade of people go by at all hours" -- Oyster.com
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 25.00 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 41 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question?1-877-966-0000 Email Us Check the F.A.Q.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.