$129-$159 – La Jolla Stays incl. Weekends & Bottle of Wine
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Toss the valet your keys (don't worry, it's complimentary) — you won't be needing your car. With a location this central, you'll be walking to some of La Jolla's most popular beaches, taquerias, boutiques and coffee shops. Travelzoo members save more than 45% on stays into May and receive exclusive extras.
- Stay in a King or Two-Queen Room through May 28
- $129 per night ... Sundays-Thursdays
- $159 per night ... Fridays-Saturdays
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily valet parking (reg. $28)
- Welcome bottle of wine, once per stay ($20 value)
- 2 p.m. late checkout
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival
- Two-night minimum stay required on Saturday check-ins
- Late checkout is guaranteed for Monday-Friday stays; subject to availability for Saturday and Sunday stays
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- A member-favorite spot heralded by past guests for its central location, large rooms, cleanliness and friendly staff
- The art galleries and upscale shops along Prospect Street are a two-minute walk from the hotel
- A 12-minute stroll brings you to the craggy shoreline of La Jolla Cove, a popular spot for seals
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel’s enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
The affluent seaside community of La Jolla is a quintessential California town. Filled with sunny days and coastal views, this San Diego neighborhood has everything from surfing to seals to shopping. The Empress Hotel La Jolla offers comfortable accommodations within walking distance of the beach, shops and eateries of the tony town.
The five-story building has retro charm from the outside, with the name emblazoned in throwback script at the top of the beige and white striped building. Inside, the hotel has an up-to-date décor emphasizing the proximity to the Pacific with shades of sand and teal. Framed photographs of seaside vistas can be found throughout. All rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave, and Wi-Fi is included in the nightly rate.
Just a two-minute walk from the hotel brings you to the middle of Prospect Street lined with art galleries, boutiques and cafes. The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego’s La Jolla outpost is also here, and modern art lovers could spend a day marveling at the collections and exhibits.
If it's views of Mother Nature you’re after, a less-than-15-minute stroll brings you to the craggy shoreline of La Jolla Cove, a popular spot for seals and sea lions to splash and play in their natural environment.
The hotel's Manhattan Restaurant of La Jolla serves up traditional Italian fare and is available for room service.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Standard Time is 11am. Note: Late checkout at 2pm is included when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
Note: Late checkout at 2pm is included when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at $25 plus tax per pet per night.
Maximum weight: 40 pounds.
Valet service fee: $28 plus tax per day. Valet parking includes in and out privileges.
Note: The valet parking fee will be waived when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
Valet parking includes in and out privileges.
Due to local and state guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Our hearts go out to everyone during these unprecedented times. As you make your travel plans rest assured that your safety and wellbeing is our top priority.
Enhanced housekeeping measures are in place for the safety of our guests and staff. Additional focus on high-traffic areas and on high-touch items in guest rooms is ongoing. Reduced-contact check-in, hand sanitizing stations and banners encouraging social distancing are examples, and we continue to monitor and add new recommendations.
Public areas are cleaned and sanitized regularly. In the guest rooms, collateral has been removed and all high-touch areas have been sanitized before your stay. Electrostatic sprayers are frequently utilized in all areas of the property to provide complete assurance that the safety of our employees and guests is our #1 priority. When you are ready, we will be waiting to welcome you with the warmth of hospitality.
$129 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(68 Member Ratings)