$69 – Trendy Old Town Scottsdale Hotel w/$30 Daily Credit
Retreat to this trendy Scottsdale hotel, located within walking distance to Old Town, with this deal that saves Travelzoo members 60% on regular rates.
- What's included:
- Travel most dates July 1-Sept. 9; surrounding dates also discounted
- $69 per night for a Signature King room
- +$20 for a Signature Two Queens or Pool View King room upgrade
- $30 per day dining credit
- Discounted resort fee of $14.50 (reg. $29 plus tax), which covers Wi-Fi, parking and use of cruiser bikes
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Up to two children ages 16 and under can share the room at no additional charge when using existing bedding; do not include children in the total number of guests when booking
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- This hotel normally charges a resort fee, but we've negotiated this to be discounted by 50% for Travelzoo members
- Pet-friendly; no fee
What you need to know:
"The vibe is friendly, indoors and out" -- The New York Times
Why We Love It
- This retro-style hotel charms with bright, loud colors and mod furnishings
- Two pools cool the heat, offering either a party atmosphere or calm retreat
- The shops, restaurants and galleries of Old Town are only a few blocks away
- The vibrant restaurant serves up American fare and a spa takes inspiration from the desert
It’s “color blocking gone wild” (Conde Nast Traveler) at the Saguaro in Scottsdale , where retro style was pulled into the modern age with a 2011 cheeky-sleek renovation. This town was a celebrity haven in the 1950s and '60s, and the hotel offers a heaping spoonful of that poolside-beneath-the-palm-trees languorous glamour.
Vibrant primary colors spill over accent walls, across furniture and into the weave of handcrafted Mexican textiles in each room, which have vintage issues of Arizona Highways magazine and sliding glass doors leading to a balcony or patio facing the city or pools. The mod rooms are decked out with flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and organic bath products. Hallways here are open-air walkways for those who are more familiar with an enclosed hotel style.
The hotel’s restaurant offers an American bistro concept serving locally sourced seasonal dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu offers salads, flatbreads and entrees, and there are also an extensive tequila list, a variety of wines and handcrafted cocktails. A small coffee kiosk serves up specialty coffees and pastries in the mornings.
In the courtyard are two pools. Upbeat music pulses around the main one, which has lounge chairs, day beds and more of a festive atmosphere. Things get calmer at the second pool, which is tucked to one side in a grove of palm trees, where the splashing of a concrete waterfall is a perfect soundtrack for frittering away an afternoon beneath the sunshine. This is definitely the place for the trendy 20- to 30-something set who want a pool party scene rather than a family-focused affair.
Spa treatments take inspiration -- and ingredients -- from the Southwest desert. Prickly pear sugar scrubs feet, margarita salt exfoliates hands, chilies and Mexican chocolate envelope the skin, and chaparral and yucca extracts detoxify the body.
- “The genius of this redesign is in its interpretation of the Scottsdale building code ... [it's] the colors of desert wildflowers -- a dozen eye-popping hues dominated by oranges, pinks, yellows, and purples” -- Conde Nast Traveler
- “An urban resort in the suburban desert with a pool-party scene, boutique spa and destination restaurant makes a convivial base for anyone who doesn’t want the isolation of the large local resorts. The vibe is friendly, indoors and out” -- The New York Times
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
Resort fee inclusion.
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Internet access
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age to check-in is 21.
Minimum age to check-in is 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding on request.
Crib available free of charge.
Extra person charge is $20 plus tax per person per night. Extra beds are not available. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged $250 for any damage. A Pet Registration form is required to be completed at check-in. There is a $250 charge for any damage incurred.
A resort/facility fee of $33.04 inclusive of tax, per stay will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The Daily Resort Fee includes:
This fee is offered at 50% off for the Travelzoo Deal only.
The Daily Resort Fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$69 / night
When You Can Go
July 1-Sept. 9; surroundings dates also discounted
Getting ThereThe hotel is about 15 minutes by car from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.