Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
Why We Love It
- The venue for the first-ever Oscars in 1929
- Great location on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame and walking distance from the Dolby (Kodak) Theatre
- The David Hockney-inscribed pool is especially large and becomes a party scene after dark
- Home to exclusive star-studded hangout, Teddy’s bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi available in the lobby
"A playground for the young, hot Hollywood set" -- Frommer's
86% (14 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The venue for the first-ever Oscars in 1929, the Hollywood Roosevelt is a legendary hotel with a star-studded history and a reputation for big-hitting parties. It wins praise from Condé Nast Traveler for its famous (and enormous) palm-fringed pool, which features an underwater mural by famed artist David Hockney, and its prime location on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
This boutique hotel exudes old-world glamour, and the walls are adorned with Hollywood memorabilia. Unique on-site gems include Beacher’s Madhouse, with its 1920s-style performers, and the handsome Spare Room cocktail bar, fitted with vintage bowling alleys and gaming tables. All encourage a steady celebrity following even today, and it’s only a brief walk from the Dolby Theatre (formerly the Kodak Theatre and the current venue for the Oscars ceremony). The Chinese Theatre is also within walking distance, and Universal Studios and the shops on Rodeo Drive are a short drive away.
An all-American menu is offered at Public Kitchen and Bar, where cured meats and cheeses sit beside comforting classics such as roast chicken and cheese omelet, while 25 Degrees dishes up high-class diner food around the clock. The celebrated Tropicana Pool Bar is the place to be seen when darkness falls, as is the exclusive Teddy’s bar -- an unmarked, star-studded hangout adorned with crystal chandeliers.
The chocolate-brown rooms are smaller than average for Los Angeles, but they come with minimalist furniture and vintage black-and-white photos of the stars. The whimsical cabana rooms have a fresh, tropical feel and boast one-touch mood lighting and Geneva sound systems. There are also three enormous signature suites, each done up in an individual Hollywood style.
See sunny LA on a trip filled with Travelzoo deals at trendy restaurants, exciting activities and must-see sites.
- "The Roosevelt is a playground for the young, hot Hollywood set" -- Frommer's
- "After a 2003 restoration by designer Dodd Mitchell, this 1927 landmark, a beautiful example of Spanish colonial design, once more welcomed the A-listers who frequented it during Hollywood's heyday" -- Time Out
- "The playground of stars from Marilyn Monroe to Lindsay Lohan" -- Zagat
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- ADA compliant rooms
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Extra bed available on request: $25 per night + tax. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request in the Tower Rooms only. A nonrefundable $100 cleaning fee applies per stay and is charged after every seven days for long-term guests. Service animals are exempt from this fee.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(14 Member Reviews)