Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Why We Love It
- This historic 1928 hotel has an ornate lobby with updated suites and amenities
- Steps from Spring Garden Road and the new Halifax Central Library
- The landmark Halifax Public Gardens are across the street, and some rooms have views of the Victorian fountains and manicured gardens
- Guest rooms have complimentary Wi-Fi
"Spacious and elegant" -- Rough Guide
Rooms & Rates
The Lord Nelson was built in 1928, but guests praise the fully modernized guest rooms and amenities. The hotel's public areas are adorned with gold trimmings and ornate wood carvings that evoke the elegance of another era. Steps from Spring Garden Road, the landmark hotel is close to shopping and restaurants, and the impressive new Halifax Central Library is a four-minute walk from the hotel.
Across the street, the Halifax Public Gardens boast restored Victorian fountains and tropical plants. Guests can walk to the peak of Citadel Hill in under 15 minutes to enjoy views of the harbour and Georges Island.
The hotel's on-site restaurant, the Arms Public House, has been recently renovated with British influence in both decor and menu. With eye-catching tin ceilings and cozy leather furniture, the restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy a meal and a perfectly poured pint.
Guest rooms have a traditional style with dark wood furniture and subdued hues. The bathrooms are typically small for an almost century-old hotel, but emanate luxury with granite countertops and Aveda bath products. Complimentary Wi-Fi is appreciated by all guests of the Lord Nelson Hotel.
- "It certainly has location going for it: It's right across from the lovely Public Gardens and abuts lively Spring Garden Road" -- Frommer's
- "When rock stars (such as the Rolling Stones) come to Halifax, they stay here. It's an elegant yet not stuffy 1920s building right across from Halifax Public Gardens" -- Lonely Planet
- "With its high coffered ceiling, the lobby of this popular brown-brick hotel is spacious and elegant, with Art Deco details dating from its 1920s construction" -- Rough Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
Free shuttle service: 7-10 Monday-Friday Downtown Area.
Laundry / dry cleaning available: fees apply.
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
Bathroom Bathrobes and slippers available upon request.
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs are available for infants on request in the Classic Rooms only: CA$20 plus tax per night. Extra bed available on request for adults in the Classic Rooms only: CA$40 plus tax per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged CA$40 fee per pet per stay.
Fees: A Self Parking Fee of CA$28 (plus tax) or Valet Parking Fee of CA$40 (plus tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill directly at the hotel. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(52 Member Ratings)