$139 & up – Florida: Secluded Captiva Island Resort, 45% Off
Captiva Island is home to uncrowded beaches, superb shell-hunting sands and the family-friendly South Seas Resort. This exclusive offer for Travelzoo members saves 45% on upgraded villa stays, including a daily resort credit.
- What's included:
- Stay in a One-Bedroom Tennis Villa, Sunday-Thursday
- $139 per night ... Aug. 12 - Dec. 20
- $159 per night ... most days through June 28
- $169 per night ... July 1 - Aug. 9
- +$20 per night for most weekends
- Additional room types also discounted
- $25 daily resort credit
- One-Bedroom Villa prices are based on up to two guests
- Additional adults are +$20 per guest, per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $19 per night, per person (plus tax), which covers parking, tennis court fees, daily trolley service throughout the resort, poolside towels and lounge chairs, beach towels and chairs, unlimited local phone calls, guest room high-speed internet, fitness center access, The New York Times online edition and cable with free movie channels (including HBO)
- This resort is not pet-friendly
What you need to know:
Why We Love It
- Family-friendly, 330-acre resort sprawling across the northern region of Captiva Island
- 2.5 miles of white-sand beaches hug the property’s perimeter, giving off a secluded feel
- On-site golf course is “one of the most picturesque 9-holers anywhere” (Frommer’s)
- Copious dining options, kid-friendly activities and a 4,000-square-foot spa on site
Sprawling across the northern region of Captiva Island, South Seas Island resort “feels as lush as its name suggests” (Fodor’s). Two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches hug this 330-acre nature preserve, offering a quiet and secluded oasis just an hour’s drive from Fort Myers.
Trolley shuttles ensure guests can easily traverse the whopping acreage, zipping through the property’s evergreen mangrove forests to the numerous on-site dining outlets and amenities. Accommodations vary across the grounds, from marina-side hotel rooms to quaint cottages, villas (condominiums), and spacious private homes.
Before taking part in the resort’s copious on-site activities and amenities, head to the seashore to hunt for unique souvenirs on the property’s superb shell-hunting sands. Resident manatees and dolphins are often spotted splashing away in the nearby waters, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled not only for shells.
Tee up at “one of the most picturesque 9-holers anywhere” (Frommer’s), book a treatment at the 4,000-square-foot state-of-the-art spa or take the kids to the family interactive center to enjoy an abundance of kid-friendly activities. Water sports, tennis courts, bikes and a massive pool complex are also available for guests wishing to stay active throughout their stay.
- “Water on three sides give the resort a delicious seclusion” – Fodor’s
- “Its Gulfside golf course is one of the most picturesque 9-holers anywhere” – Frommer’s
- Infant cots / cribs
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Rates are based on two adults. Additional guests are $20 (subject to tax) per person, per night in Harbourside and 1 Bedroom Villas. Extra bed available on request: $20 (subject to tax) per night for one older child or adult in the Harbourside room only. Pack n' Play available on request in Harbourside only. No charge for first crib; $20 (subject to tax) for additional crib.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Rates are based on two adults. Additional guests are $20 (subject to tax) per person, per night in Harbourside and 1 Bedroom Villas. Extra bed available on request: $20 (subject to tax) per night for one older child or adult in the Harbourside room only. Pack n' Play available on request in Harbourside only. No charge for first crib; $20 (subject to tax) for additional crib.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A $250 plus tax, per night incidental hold will be placed on the debit/credit card provided at check-in. Resort Fee of $19 ($21.09 including tax) per day for each guest 13 years and older, will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
The Resort Fee includes:
• Free parking
• Tesla and EV charging stations
• Tennis court fees.**
• Daily trolley service throughout the Resort
• Resort pool complex amenities include poolside towels and lounge chairs
• Beach (South and Sunset Beach) amenities include beach towels and chairs
• Unlimited local phone calls
• Domestic long distance phone calls
• Guest room high speed internet
• Fitness center access
• New York Times online edition
• Cable with free movie channels (includes HBO)
• Participation in special Resort activities
**All play requires advanced reservations. Reservations may be made at the Tennis Pro-Shop at 239-472-5111 ext. 4151. All players must check in at the Tennis Pro-Shop before heading out to the courts. Instruction and equipment not included in the resort fee. Court reservations may be booked 7 days in advance of play.
Resort Fee of $19 ($21.09 including tax) per day for each guest 13 years and older, will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
$139 / night
When You Can Go
Travel options through Dec. 20
Getting ThereSouth Seas Island Resort is approximately an hour’s drive from Fort Myers and the Southwest Florida International Airport. We recommend renting a car to save on the $100 cab fare from the airport to the resort.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(160 Member Ratings)