Viceroy Santa Monica
Why We Love It
- TripAdvisor members rank it No. 2 of 34 Santa Monica hotels and rave about the stylish interiors
- Buzzing nightlife scene at Cameo bar that overflows out to the pool where locals go to see and be seen
- The chic rooms are big on comfort -- after a night partying downstairs, sink into a pillowtop mattress with a fluffy feather duvet
- There is a $21 nightly "amenity fee," but it covers necessities like Wi-Fi, morning coffee and bottled water, plus champagne upon arrival
"The hippest hotel on the west side" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Situated in the heart of downtown Santa Monica, the 4-star Viceroy Santa Monica puts you in the perfect location to explore all that SoCal's beach cities have to offer. Hit Santa Monica or Venice Beach, take a Ferris wheel ride on the famous Santa Monica Pier, or stroll through the Venice canals. Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade and Venice's trendy Abbot Kinney Boulevard are also nearby for shopping and a variety of dining and nightlife options.
The Kelly Wearstler-decorated lobby and public areas feature a trendy retro design with modern details including walls filled with mirrors and sleek green leather sofas. The guest rooms are equally glamorous with feather duvets, Egyptian cotton linens and sleek walls filled with art. Take in a pool, ocean or city view from your room.
Amenities include a fully equipped 24-hour fitness center, two outdoor plunge pools encircled by cabanas, and rental bicycles to take a ride along the beach path. While in SoCal, why not learn to surf -- the hotel's concierge staff can set you up with their preferred surf schools, or take it easy and just hang at the beach.
Dine alfresco at the hotel's restaurant, Cast, serving up fresh seasonal cuisine from chef Tony DiSalvo. The hotel's hip Cameo bar is a great place to grab hand-crafted cocktails and take in the ocean view while mingling with hip locals. The glam space overflows outside, and Friday and Saturday nights, a DJ adds to the already buzzy bar.
There is a $21 nightly "amenity fee," but it covers necessities like Wi-Fi, morning coffee and bottled water, plus fun stuff like champagne upon arrival and fitness classes. Parking, however, is not covered by the fee and will run you $39 per night.
- "Whimsy abounds at this stylized seaside escape—just look at the porcelain dogs as lamp bases and Spode china plates mounted on the walls—yet the compact rooms, which all have French balconies, and sexy mirrored walls draw quite the upscale clientele" -- Fodor's
- "Though the exterior—a white boxy slab—doesn’t invite a second glance, the interiors here marry retro-chic with pure whimsy" -- Travel + Leisure
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 28 for adults, USD 10 and USD 15 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD Fee per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD Fee per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD $35.41 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Beach towels
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- In-room safe
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 01 December 2017 to 02 January 2018 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Swimming pool
- One of the swimming pools
Guests will have access to the following alternate facilities during the renovation:
- Outdoor pool
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.