Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island
Why We Love It
- Expansive family resort with five restaurants, a spa and easy beach access
- Great for visiting nature reserves and outdoor activities such as tennis, cycling and golf
- Family-oriented amenities include a kids club, play area and a lagoon swimming pool with a no-steps entrance
- Rooms all feature private patios or balconies
"Set in a luxuriant garden" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Sonesta Resort Hilton Head is a laid-back family resort set on 11 acres of the Shipyard Plantation, with hammocks on the grounds and a classy maritime theme. It’s a great destination for outdoor activities -- the hotel provides direct beach access and on-site bicycle rental (extra charge applies). Nearby water sports range from kayaking to charter fishing, and there are hundreds of tennis courts and over 40 golf courses on the island.
There are plenty of dining options on site, including Heyward’s Restaurant (steak, seafood and breakfast) and Seacrest Terrace and Patio for small plates and live music. There’s even a poolside dining service at the outdoor pool and hot tub, and happy hour is a regular feature at both of the hotel’s bars. If you feel like getting out and about, the cafés, snack shops and restaurants at Coligny Plaza shopping center are a 10-minute drive away. There is also shuttle service that ferries guests around the Shipyard Plantation, a 24-hour fitness center, a spa, a child-friendly heated pool and a kids program for 3- to 12-year-olds.
Contemporary rooms have carpeted floors and floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that lead out to a private patio or balcony. Most rooms overlook the lush gardens; however, some have views of the pool with the ocean in the distance, and the best have full ocean views. Opt for a corner room for extra space and a fold-out sofa bed.
There is a $20 per-room, per-night resort fee, which covers self-parking, island-wide phone calls, Wi-Fi, access to pool/beach and fitness facilities and daily newspapers (on request).
- "Decorated in a classy nautical theme and set in a luxuriant garden, the Sonesta is the centerpiece of Shipyard Plantation, which means guests have access to all its amenities, including golf and tennis" -- Fodor's
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5.00 and USD 35.00 for adults, USD 5.00 and USD 30.00 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 10.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 150.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 150.00 per accommodation, per stay
- An in-room safe is available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Beach access
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- Self parking
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.