$129 – Downtown Philadelphia 4-Star Hotel, Save 40%
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Travelzoo members rave about the Sofitel's "fabulous location" near Rittenhouse Square and "superlative customer service." Our favorite review, though: "It was like having a touch of Europe in our closest city." This summer, take your own Euro-staycation from $129 per night.
- Check in to a Superior King Room, most dates May 1 - Sept. 6
- $129 per night ... Monday-Thursday
- $149 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- $109 per night ... Sunday
- Add full American breakfast for two for +$25 per night (Thursday-Sunday mornings only)
- Upgraded rooms on higher floors, as well as Luxury One-Bedroom Suites with nearly double the space, are also discounted
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 11 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No resort fee
- Standard Wi-Fi is complimentary. High-Speed Wi-Fi is $13.99 plus tax per night
- Valet parking is $59 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- It's only two blocks to bars and restaurants along Rittenhouse Square, and five blocks to Philly's legendary City Hall
- Guests can sample French- and New England-inspired dishes prepared with ingredients from the hotel's rooftop garden at Liberté Lounge on site
- Rooms here are big, especially for downtown: Starting at 350 square feet, they also come with "cloud-like beds" (U.S. News & World Report)
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
Set in the same building that once housed the Philadelphia Stock Exchange, the Sofitel still bears many marks of its former life as the city's chief financial institution — think seven-toned geometric marble flooring, oak-paneled walls and lofty ceilings in the lobby. It has a lot of modern touches, too, like vibrant abstract art hung throughout the hotel — not to mention an enviable address two blocks from Rittenhouse Square.
The hotel's eclectic-chic vibe extends to guest rooms thanks to funky-print throw pillows and, you guessed it, more abstract art on the walls. They also all come with spacious marble bathrooms, including separate tubs and glass-enclosed showers, plus Parisian-based Lanvin bath products. However, the real standouts are the Sofitel signature feather-top beds — they're favorites of U.S. News & World Report and Condé Nast Traveler.
The hotel's flagship restaurant, Liberté Lounge is open Thursdays-Sundays, and specializes in New England classics prepared using French techniques and locally sourced ingredients — we're especially fond of the lobster rillettes and truffle parmesan fries. For a truly French breakfast, we suggest the croque-madame with poached egg, ham and gruyere.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Up to 2 children 11 and under may stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available in Superior King and Luxury King rooms only.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: $25 plus tax, per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Accessible Rooms (with roll-in shower or a tub with grab bars) are available upon request. Please specify if you prefer an Accessible Room in the "Special Requests" field on check-out page.
Extra bed available in Superior King and Luxury King rooms only.
Pet Friendly Hotel. A $300 USD plus tax damage hold will be authorized on the credit card presented upon check-in. Rooms will be inspected and the hold will be refunded provided no damage is found.
Valet service fee: $59 inclusive of tax per day. Standard wi-fi is complimentary.
High-Speed Wi-Fi fee: $13.99 plus tax per day.
Valet Parking includes in & out privileges.
Standard wi-fi is complimentary.
Due to local and state guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Liberte Lounge and Chez Colette are open for in person dining at limited capacity.
Thursday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Friday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sunday: Breakfast only
Grab & Go and In-Room Dining available in accordance with the schedule above.
All Stay Well: Our commitment to keep you safe: https://www.sofitel-philadelphia.com/allstaywell/
Please note: cash is not accepted as a method of payment at the property. Major credit cards and debit cards with a microchip are accepted.
Liberte Lounge and Chez Colette are open for in person dining at limited capacity.
Up to 40% Off
$129 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(41 Member Ratings)