$119 & up – Mackinac Island: Michigan's Best Resort
Don't start planning this year's trip to Mackinac Island until you take a look at the end-of-season savings we've negotiated at the best resort in the state of Michigan (Conde Nast Traveler, 2017). Members save 30% on September and October stays.
- What's included:
- $119-$159 per night ... select Sundays-Thursdays, September-October
- $175-$219 per night ... select Fridays-Saturdays, September-October
- Stay in a Straits Lodge Double room, or upgrade to a two-bedroom Straits Lodge Family Suite with one king and two twin beds
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- Additional adults are +$25 per guest, per night
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a service charge of $6 per person, plus a 10% resort fee; see more details
- Free Wi-Fi
- No parking available -- vehicles are not allowed on Mackinac Island; a hotel shuttle carriage is available once guests arrive on the island ($5 per person)
- Ferry service is required to get to Mackinac Island; luggage will be tagged and transferred to Mission Point upon landing
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
What you need to know:
Why We Love It
- Located on the "sunrise side" of Mackinac Island, recently named TripAdvisor's #1 Summertime Destination in the United States for 2018
- Property includes an 18-hole putting course, croquet and bocce courts, and a complimentary kids club every afternoon
- Five restaurants, cafes and bars on site, including Italian fine dining and an alfresco bistro overlooking Lake Huron
Situated on Michigan's famous Mackinac Island, Mission Point Resort was recently named the Best Resort in Michigan by Conde Nast Traveler. Guests can relax on the resort's iconic 4-acre Great Lawn, fly a kite, play some bocce or simply take a seat in one of the 81 Adirondack chairs and take in the lakefront view.
All rooms feature free Wi-Fi, in-unit coffeemakers and garden or lake views. Rooms in the three-story Straits Lodge feature entry foyers, a vanity area and are a little closer to downtown Mackinac. All guests can go for a swim in the outdoor pool or relax in the hot tub, go on a complimentary garden or resort history tour or go for a "Sun-Up" hike to nearby Arch Rock.
The hotel's Chianti restaurant features northern Italian cuisine including fresh pasta made in-house; casual dining can be found at the Round Island Bar & Grill with omelets made to order in the morning and cocktails and burgers later on during the day. Guests can dine alfresco on the patio or around the firepits at the Bistro on the Greens or sip sparkling wine at the Reserve Wine Bar. Need a pick-me-up? Grab a latte at Boxwood Coffeeshop.
The resort's Lakeside Salon & Spa is the only full-service wellness retreat on the Island, featuring massage, facials, nail services and body treatments. We definitely recommend renting a bike to ride along the shoreline of the the famously car-free island. Guests can also test their short game at the on-site 18-hole putting course, or, after the sun sets, take in a classic film at the the turn-of-the-century movie theater -- the only movie theater on the island.
- One of the Top 10 Resorts in the Midwest -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "For many, Mackinac Island is the embodiment of the American family vacation" -- Travel + Leisure
- "A Mackinac island charmer" -- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
- Kids' club
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Crib/Pack 'n Play are not available.
Extra bedding available upon request: $25 plus tax, per night.
Extra person charge is $25 (subject to tax), per person, per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Crib/Pack 'n Play are not available.
Pets are allowed on request: $100 plus tax, per stay. This cleaning fee covers the full stay for up to two dogs. You must notify the resort in advance if you will have a pet with you.
This cleaning fee covers the full stay for up to two dogs. You must notify the resort in advance if you will have a pet with you.
A resort/facility fee of 10% per stay will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes:
* Resort wide WiFi
* Use of fitness center
* Pool towels
* Premium TV channels
A luggage fee of $6.00 (subject to tax) per person applies and will be added to the total price at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel shuttle fee is $5 (subject to tax) per person.
$119 / night
When You Can Go
Select dates September-October; July-August also discounted
Getting ThereMackinac Island is a 15-minute ferry ride from Mackinaw City or St. Ignace. There is a carriage to the hotel from the ferry dock (a $5 per person fee applies).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.