Why We Love It
- Coveted address on Coast Village Road in ritzy Montecito, where Oprah lives
- Built by Charlie Chaplin in 1928, the hotel is full of character and charm -- think antique cage elevators and a complete Chaplin movie collection in the library
- Ride a free beach cruiser two blocks to Butterfly Beach,
- Head 10-minutes by car to Santa Barbara's State Street and walk the Urban Wine Trail, a self-guided tour of more than 20 tasting rooms
"Gives a peek back to an earlier time" -- Chicago Tribune
Rooms & Rates
Blending classic Hollywood glamour with laid-back Santa Barbara style, Montecito Inn was built by Charlie Chaplin in 1928 as an escape from show biz. In a neighborhood of million-dollar estates, this landmark is perched on Coast Village Road, arguably the area's swankiest stretch of boutiques and restaurants. Window-shop among celebs, stroll two blocks to Butterfly Beach or drive 10 minutes to downtown Santa Barbara.
The boutique hotel offers many free amenities including Wi-Fi, a fitness center and beach cruisers. Relax with in-room spa treatments or take a dip in the outdoor pool and hot tub. Guests can also grab DVDs from the full Charlie Chaplin library and enjoy a piece of film history in the comfort of plush, modern guest rooms -- all renovated in 2015.
A "posh oceanside enclave" (Chicago Times), Montecito is one of the country's wealthiest communities and has attracted stars and moguls since the late 1880s. It's currently home to the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, Drew Barrymore and Jeff Bridges.
- "Montecito Inn gives a peek back to an earlier time" -- Chicago Tribune
- "Compact and elegantly furnished" rooms -- The New York Times
- "Montecito’s south-facing beaches are just 90 miles from Los Angeles, making it a longtime hot spot for Hollywood royalty" -- Forbes
- Infant cots / cribs
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for $15.00 (subject to tax), per day, with in and out privileges or Self-Parking for $15.00 (subject to tax) per day. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(52 Member Ratings)