$399—Hawaii: Spend winter in Kauai and get $120 in extras
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Situated on scenic Kalapaki Beach, The Royal Sonesta Kauai Resort Lihue is ideal for experiencing and exploring Hawaii's "garden island"—known for its stunning emerald cliffs along the Napali Coast, lush tropical rainforests, charming small towns and uncrowded beaches.
It's rare that we see offers in this tropical haven, especially during peak winter travel dates, but this offer saves Travelzoo members up to 40% on stays of 3 nights or more into June 2024. And while it's not unusual to see fees tacked on for extras at resorts like this one, the parking and amenities fees are waived with this offer, and you'll even nab a $50 dining credit.
- For $399 per night, stay in a Garden View Room with one king bed, most dates Jan. 3 - June 14
- Rooms with two queen beds are also available
- Upgrade to an oceanview room from +$150 per night
- Select dates in December are also available for $349 per night
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Waived resort fee (reg. $40 nightly); this covers enhanced internet service, airport shuttle, two complimentary mai tais at Kukui's Restaurant (per room, per stay) and more
- Complimentary self-parking (reg. $30 nightly)
- A $50 food-and-beverage credit (one per stay)
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made prior to 4 p.m. local time, 7 days before arrival
- 3-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to 2 guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- The self-parking fee is waived for this deal; and valet parking is $40 plus tax, per day
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see Policies and Amenities sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Of the Hawaiian islands, Kauai is arguably the quietest and most relaxing; it's also the oldest (between 4 and 5 million years old), and it shows through its natural beauty and rich local history
- There are restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort, including a seaside restaurant with stunning views
- Hiking is one of the most popular activities in Kauai: on the Nāpali Coast to Hanakapiʻai Falls and in Waimea Canyon, which is also called “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific"
- The island's culinary scene has grown over the years; you'll find traditional Hawaiian staples throughout the island—along with gastropubs and breweries—and local favorites, including Hanalei Taro and Juice and Pono Market
- It's just as accessible as the other islands, with nonstop flights from Seattle, the Bay Area and SoCal
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Some accessibility features may not be available in all rooms. Please coordinate with the hotel directly before you travel.
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$50 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Valet service fee: $40 plus tax per day. The resort/facility fee includes:
Self-parking fee: $30 plus tax per day.
Parking fees include in-and-out privileges.
A resort/facility fee of $40 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
When booking the "Travelzoo Deal" , Travelzoo members are eligible for: waived resort fee.
The resort/facility fee includes:
Additional details: Some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Up to 40% off
$399 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.