$169—Swanky San Francisco hotel near Union Square
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Over the last century, The Clift has earned its place as a San Francisco icon with its famous Redwood Room cocktail lounge and history of hosting celebs. This newly renovated hotel maintains its Roaring Twenties glamour—think antique furniture and moody lighting—with modern rooms and amenities, and a lobby you’ll want to post on Instagram, too.
Stay for just $169 per night through April with this member-exclusive offer. Not only are rooms on sale: the facility fee is waived (reg. $35 per night), and you’ll also get a $20 food-and-beverage credit with your stay.
- For $169 per night, stay in a Deluxe King or Executive Two Queens Room, most dates through April
- Upgrade to a Junior Suite King for +$100 per night
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Waived nightly destination fee (reg. $35 per night); this covers Wi-Fi, two bottled waters and more
- A $20 food-and-beverage credit for use at Fredericks and the Redwood Room (once per stay)
- Travelzoo Tip: The hotel is just 2 blocks from the cable car turnaround where Powell meets Market Street at Union Square
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made prior to 3 p.m. local time, 24 hours before arrival
- Price based on up to 2 guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- Valet parking is $70 plus tax, per day
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see Policies and Amenities sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- In the lobby, you'll find the 8-foot-tall “Big Chair," designed by Philippe Starck and a popular spot for snapping pictures (Hint: Look underneath the chair)
- For small plates and cocktails, visit the Redwood Room—voted Best Nightlife in San Francisco by USA Today—this moody art deco-inspired lounge hosts live music throughout the week; plus, there's an original Gustav Klimt painting on the wall
- Hop on a cable car at Union Square and ride to Fisherman’s Wharf, home to waterfront dining and gorgeous views—you might even spot sea lions lounging on the floating docks
- The rooftop is home to more than 10,000 honeybees living in 10 hives as part of the hotel's sustainability efforts
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Some accessibility features may not be available in all rooms. Please coordinate with the hotel directly before you travel.
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 11am.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
If you require a pet-friendly room, please contact the hotel directly before you travel.
A Non-refundable cleaning fee of $75 per stay will be charged upon arrival.
Valet service fee: $70 plus tax per day. The resort/facility fee includes:
A resort/facility fee of $35 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
When booking the "Travelzoo Deal" , Travelzoo members are eligible for: waived resort fee.
The resort/facility fee includes:
Up to 45% off
$169 / night
About the Hotel
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.