Ranked by Conde Nast Readers as one of the best Floridian resorts (2016) and recommended by Forbes Travel Guide three years running, the Turnberry Isle Miami has been turning heads since it opened in Aventura, Florida.
And for these good reasons:
1. The resort spans 300 acres, more than enough ground to host a driving range and two 18-hole PGA championship golf courses redesigned by golf legend Raymond Floyd.
2. Guest rooms provide a soothing atmosphere with natural palettes, stately marble baths and private balconies or terraces overlooking the manicured grounds and championship courses.
3. The property has been consistently lauded as a premier family-friendly destination – partially attributed to its tropical pool complex complete with a 1,600-foot lazy river and a 35-foot-high water slide.
4. For adults needing a quiet refuge, there’s the adults-only Cascata pool, bordered by fully stocked cabanas for even more privacy – only to be interrupted by massage therapists.
5. The on-site dining at Turnberry can be classified as an epicurean experience, with James Beard award-winning chef Michael Mina at the forefront: Bourbon Steak ranks at the top of the scale, as rated by Zagat.
6. If championship golfing and acclaimed dining didn’t solidify the resort’s place on the “World’s Best” lists, the brand-new 25,000-square-foot âme Spa and Wellness Collective at Turnberry Isle Miami sure does. Upon entering, you'll be greeted by an Art Deco staircase and floor-to-ceiling windows spanning three floors.
7. Amenities include a 3,600-square-foot, state-of-the-art gym; 27 treatment rooms; a salon; and "the Rolls Royce of spa equipment" (InStyle) that uses color, hydro and sound therapies to enhance the body.