Reasons to Release Your Inner Cowboy at the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain
City slickers looking to trade the glow of neon lights for a twinkling canvas of stars can get back to nature at the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain -- without sacrificing modern luxuries, of course. The 5-star resort, located on 850 acres of Sonoran Desert is only 30 minutes from downtown Tucson and features adventurous amenities and authentic décor straight out of the Wild, Wild West.
Here are 10 reasons why the Ritz-Carlton is the perfect place to play cowboy while treating yourself to an indulgent vacation, and an exclusive Travelzoo deal for $129-$179 per night through August (reg. $440).
1. The surrounding Sonoran Desert boasts 350 days of sunshine per year.
2. There's no typical cowboy chow here: In 2016, UNESCO designated Tucson the first “City of Gastronomy” in the U.S. This hotel is no exception serving everything from Southwestern fare to sushi.
3. All rooms and suites have views of the Tortolita Foothills, Wild Burro Canyon or Dove Mountain.
4. The resort pays homage to the region’s indigenous people with Native American art, a library of local history books and evening sunset celebrations with a Native American flutist.
5. The concierge can book horseback rides, desert Jeep tours and hot air balloon excursions.
6. The holistic spa has a private pool with cabanas and offers therapies likes Desert Gemstone Rituals and Aloe Mint Hydrating massages to soothe sore muscles and sunburns.
7. Guests ages 5-12 can play rodeo games, design western attire and get an up-close look at desert wildlife with the Ritz Kids Ranger Program.
8. Rangers lead tours of the ancient Hohokam Indian petroglyphs found throughout the property’s 20-plus miles of hiking trails.
9. One-of-a-kind adventures like midnight scorpion hunts are not for the faint of heart.
10. Guests of all ages can stargaze from sleeping bags or create an astronomical illusion with an in-room camping experience.