Dubai's Miracle Garden Is a Real-Life Alice in Wonderland
Though the desert is perhaps not the most obvious location for a giant flower garden, the Dubai Miracle Garden is just that. Located in Dubai’s Al Barsha South, the Dubai Miracle Garden’s mind-boggling number of flowers and psychedelic-looking structures no doubt keeps with the city’s ever-growing number of record-breaking structures and events. We’ve rounded up some the most incredible images from the Dubai Miracle Garden that are sure to make you want to drop everything and pay this eye-popping area visit.
1. The Dubai Miracle Garden, which opened in 2013, is spread out across 775,000 square feet. To date, it’s the world’s largest natural flower garden.
2. The garden showcases roughly 100 million blooming flowers, all of which are cared for by a team of nearly 200 gardeners.
3. And these flowers help to shape some truly impressive structures. Like this peacock…
4. …and woman…
5. …and houses…
6. …and this Tunnel of Love-esque structure.
7. It even won a Guinness World Record in 2016 for the largest flower arrangement / structure (in the shape of the Emirates Airbus A380).
8. As though a giant flower garden isn’t enough, the Dubai Butterfly Garden was added to the Miracle Garden in 2015.
9. The Butterfly Garden is the world’s largest indoor butterfly garden and plays home to more than 15,000 butterflies.
10. It’s true the Dubai Miracle Garden feels like something straight out of “Alice in Wonderland.”
11. Which is perhaps what makes this charming and completely bizarre experience so great.
12. So next time you find yourself in Dubai, why not pay the Dubai Miracle Garden a visit?
Ashley Bess is an editor turned freelancer writer who describes herself as short, opinionated, recently repatriated, lover of gin and travel and with a head full of useless song lyrics and movie quotes.