Infinity pools receive their name from the visual effect of water extending to the horizon. Or more metaphorically, it describes the subconscious vanishing from reality, a symptom of prolonged gazing at the ethereal views. A drink in our hand, the brim of our hat slightly blocking the sunshine, our favorite book in our lap. Waiter, waiter, a spritz of Evian water please! (…excuse our daydreaming.)
Whether they're man-made or naturally formed, here’s our selection of the most sensational infinity pool views.
1. Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti (Tanzania)
Elephant watering hole.
2. The Cambrian Hotel Adelboden (Switzerland)
Snow-capped Swiss Alps.
3. Marina Bay Sands Resort (Singapore)
Singapore city skyline (best seen with a Singapore Sling in hand).
4. Villa Mahal (Turkey)
Lycian Coast and Mediterranean Sea.
5. Belmond Hotel Caruso (Italy)
The Amalfi Coast.
6. The Devil’s Pool (Zambia)
7. Samanvaya Boutique Resort and Spa (Bali)
Balinese rice fields.
8. Katikies Hotel (Greece)
Santorini sunsets and the Caldera.
9. Jade Mountain (St. Lucia)
The Pitons and the Caribbean Sea.
10. Singita Faru Faru Lodge (Tanzania)
African sunsets and grasslands.
11. Thompson Toronto
Downtown Toronto skyline featuring the CN Tower.
12. Pamukkale Thermal Pools (Turkey)
White travertine terraces and the village of Pamukkale.
13. Wildflower Hall (India)
14. Villa Honegg (Switzerland)
The Swiss Alps above the clouds.
15. Matakauri Lodge (New Zealand)
Lake Wakatipu and Cecil Peak.
16. Munduk Moding Plantation (Bali)
Balinese coffee plantation in the Munduk hills.