$99 – Glamping & Paddleboarding on Sunshine Coast, 50% Off
Camping doesn't have to mean you'll be roughing it -- bunk up in style in a safari tent with a real bed and fireplace. This deal includes paddleboarding or canoeing for two on the calm waters of Ruby Lake.
- What's included:
- $99 per night for a Safari Tent
- $159 per night for a cottage
- Includes a two-hour stand-up paddleboard or canoe rental for two people (up to $100 value)
- One free appetizer at La Trattoria Italiana restaurant ($10 value)
- There is a two-night minimum stay on weekends
- Price based on up to two guests sharing accommodations
- Tents accommodate a maximum of two people; cottages accommodate two adults and up to two children
- Children ages 13-19 years can stay for an additional $15 per child per night; children ages 5-12 years can stay for an additional $10 per child per night and children 4 years and younger can stay for free
- Refundable price; book now and cancel 30 days before arrival if needed
- Limited free Wi-Fi is available in some of the resort's common spaces; it is not available within the accommodations
- Free self-parking and no resort fee
- Pet-friendly; some accommodations are pet-friendly and there is a one-time $25 pet fee for tents and a one-time $35 pet fee for cottages -- please contact resort prior to booking to inquire about availability
- Daily housekeeping is not available for the tents; tent washroom facilities are shared and a short walk away
- In order to deter wildlife, food is not permitted inside the tents
What you need to know:
Why We Love It
- The resort has a network of walking trails, a picnic area and bird sanctuary
- The lagoon doubles as a wildlife sanctuary for painted turtles, otters and beavers
- Tents are elevated on wooden platforms with full beds and fireplaces
- Cottages are individually designed; some have fireplaces or full kitchens
- The on-site restaurant serves dishes using ingredients from the resort’s garden
British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast “has an independent, island-like mentality that belies the fact it's just a short hop … from Metro Vancouver” (Lonely Planet). Add on the fact that it’s “the province's most celebrated year-round recreation centre” and “the scenery is spectacular,” it’s a tantalizing haven for those looking for an easy getaway (Frommer’s).
Within this renowned region and sprawled over 80 acres on the edge of Ruby Lake, this expansive resort is an outdoor sanctuary. Although accommodations are amidst a rustic setting, guests will appreciate the myriad of amenities -- in addition to creature comforts like feather duvets, there’s an outdoor amphitheatre; private dock and beach; on-site canoe, rowboat, and stand-up paddleboard rentals; as well as lakeside yoga classes, swimming, hiking and cycling trails. Be sure to leave time to explore the nearby Skookumchuck Narrows saltwater rapids and picturesque Princess Louisa Inlet.
The property's Italian restaurant, linked by a floating footbridge over the lagoon, creates dishes using as much local produce as possible, including farm-to-table goods grown right on site. Guests can enjoy specialties like fresh steelhead trout from Lois Lake Powell River and spaghetti with homemade pesto and vegetables from the resort’s own garden.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Private beach
- 100% smoke-free
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Sitting area
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Because of limited front desk hours, please contact the property directly upon booking so that direct instructions and applicable hours for check-in during your stay dates are given.
Restaurant Hours: varying seasonal hours apply in April, May, June, Sept & Oct. Please inquire with property directly for days/times of operation during your stay.
Minimum age required to check in: 19.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 4 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Rates are based on double occupancy.
Extra occupant fee is CA$15 plus tax for teens 13+ years and adults.
Extra occupancy fee is CA $10 plus tax for kids 5 - 12 years old.
All children must be included in guests list and counted as a guest regarding occupancy. Please list all children along with ages under the "Special Requests" field. Please note: charges for guests 5-12 years old will be applied and charged directly at hotel (CA$10 plus tax per child).
Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request, and will be charged a single time CA$25 pet fee for tents and a single time CA$35 pet fee for cottages (rates are subject to tax). Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pet Friendly accommodations are available in select cottages and tents. It is mandatory that guests contact the hotel directly to check availability for the pet friendly room prior to booking. Additional daily charges will apply. If guests fail to check in with property first regarding their pets and availability of pet friendly accommodations, there will be a penalty fee of CA$100 per day in which a pet was introduced into a non pet-friendly room.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Please note: there is a strict NO FOOD in tents policy.
Please note: Safari Tents are charged a 5% GST only. A 15% Sales Tax will be applied to the nightly rate for all bookings / room types and the correct amount for the Safari Tent will be adjusted directly at hotel.
American Express is not accepted as a method of payment.
$99 / night
When You Can Go
Through June 14; Sept. 3-30
Getting ThereThe resort is a three-hour drive from Vancouver including the ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available 24 hours
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.