$189 – 'Spectacular' Fairmont Montebello Nature Escape, Reg. $269
Canoe along the Ottawa River or lounge by the pool when you slip away to this "spectacular hotel touted as the largest log cabin in the world" (Fodor's).
- What's included:
- Travel Sundays-Fridays through Aug. 29
- $189 per night ... Fairmont King or Fairmont Queen room
- $199 per night ... Fairmont Two Double room
- Bonus: Select Saturdays are available for 15% off regular rates (June 23; July 7, 21; Aug. 25)
- More upgraded room types are discounted as well
- All options include a $20 dinner credit per night, as well as credits toward the spa, golf and equipment rentals
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Up to two children ages 17 and under can share the room at no additional charge when using existing bedding; do not include children in the total number of guests when booking
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of $27 ($31 total incl. tax) per night; the fee covers parking, Wi-Fi and a long list of family-friendly activities, like water sports, mini golf and access to the swimming pools, sauna and Jacuzzi
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Travelling before July 8? Make it a golf getaway -- with our deal, $99 gets two golfers a full round of 18, plus cart rental (reg. up to $232).
Why We Love It
- Conde Nast Traveller named it one of the top 10 hotels in all of Canada in 2017
- Historic CAA 4-Diamond cedar log cabin, host to royalty and celebrities
- On-site activities abound for all seasons, including cross country and curling in the winter, canoeing and cycling in the summer, and indoor tennis and hiking all year
- French dining at Aux Chantignoles, which earns 4 stars on TripAdvisor and 4.2 on OpenTable
- Indoor pool, fitness centre and spacious spa with eight treatment rooms, including a couples suite
Sitting on the Ottawa River, this CAA 4-Diamond hotel is the world's largest log structure. The centrepiece is the impressive hexagonal rotunda with a 19-metre stone fireplace.
Founded in 1930, this rustic hotel is still beaming with charm. From the sprawling grounds to the chalet-inspired decor of small but comfortable rooms, Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello is memorable inside and out.
On-site dining options vary; fine dining at Aux Chantignoles for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. There's also the Bistro La Seigneurie, which is open daily from 5:30-11 p.m., and serves up bistro fare and cocktails.
The hotel's spa has registered massage therapists and offers treatments such as maple sugar body scrubs and green blanket body wraps. Guests can also relax around the fireplace in the Salon La Clairiere. Adjacent, the 23-metre indoor heated pool is encompassed by red cedar logs and floor-to-ceiling windows.
The resort has a host of activities included in the $27-plus-tax resort fee, ranging from stand-up paddle boarding and pedal boating in the warmer months to snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter. There's also mini golf and tons of family-friendly fun, like on-site movie nights on weekends.
- “Inspired by the chateaux of the Swiss Alps, this 1930 resort on the Ottawa River was built with 10,000 giant red cedar logs, all cut and set by hand” -- Conde Nast Traveller
- "A spectacular hotel touted as the largest log cabin in the world" -- Fodor's
- It has a "top-shelf golf course and record-holding indoor pool" -- Oyster
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities may not be available in all rooms and some amenities or services incur an additional charge and are subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds not available Fairmont Two Double rooms.
Crib/Pack 'n Play available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bedding available upon request: free of charge.
Rates are based on double occupancy. Extra occupant fee for guests age 18 and over is 40.00 CAD (subject to tax, per night) and will be added to the total price at check-out.
Extra beds not available Fairmont Two Double rooms.
Pets: Pets (up to 2 per room) are allowed on request, and will be charged CA$45 (subject to tax) per room, per night. Not allowed in public areas and cannot be left alone in the room. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
A resort/facility fee of $34.01 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. This fee includes year round and seasonal amenities. All listed activities are weather permitting and subject to availability.
Year Round Amenities includes Unlimited business Internet access, local and toll-free calls, Self-service parking (1 car), Indoor Tennis (balls and rackets, advanced reservations required), Supervised films for children (weekends and school breaks), and Treasure Hunt.
Summer Amenities include Mini-golf, Outdoor tennis (balls and rackets), Daily family activities during school breaks, Horseshoes, Volleyball, Basketball, Croquet, Badminton, Bicycles and helmets, Canoeing, Kayaking, Stand-up paddle board, Pedal boat and Life jackets.
Winter Amenities include: 42 km of groomed cross country trails, 2 outdoor ice rinks, including one artificial, Daily activities during school breaks, Hockey sticks and pucks, Curling Clinics for beginners (as scheduled), Disc Golf, Cross country skis and equipment, Skates and Snowshoes.
This fee includes year round and seasonal amenities. All listed activities are weather permitting and subject to availability.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Self-Parking (included in resort fee) and Valet Parking for an additional $22.00 CAD (subject to tax), per day and includes in and out privileges. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
$189 / night
When You Can Go
Most Sundays-Fridays from through Aug. 29
Getting ThereFairmont Le Chateau Montebello is an hour's drive from Ottawa and less than two hours from Montreal.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-12 midnight ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(125 Member Ratings)