Fairmont Royal York Hotel
Why We Love It
- A hallmark of the Toronto skyline -- this historic downtown building sits amid skyscrapers and tourist attractions
- Steps away from concert and sporting venues, as well as the CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium
- Easy access to both of the city's airports, and directly connected to the subway system
- Unique commitment to the environment, with honeybee colonies on the roof -- offering ultra-local honey in the on-site restaurants
"The location is as good as it gets" -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
In the days of rail travel, the Royal York Hotel was one of the first sights visitors to Toronto would see coming out of Union Station. With virtually the best downtown location possible for both business and fun, this hotel is steps from many iconic attractions and office towers in the financial district: a 10-minute walk will bring guests to the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, the Air Canada Centre, the Rogers Centre and the Sony Centre.
The hotel has an impressive multistory lobby with gilded trimmings. Past guests praise the consistently attentive staff, from the front desk to the valet to the concierge. Relax like an aristocrat of days past with a cocktail in the lobby-level Library Bar. Or, for a combination of dining and entertainment, visit Toronto's only Benihana location on-site.
All rooms are styled to echo the hotel's elegant public spaces. Although many familiar attractions are within walking distance, the lobby is connected by an indoor path to the city's subway system.
- "Today, it remains one of the largest hotels in the city and a favorite of royalty—both Hollywood's and the real deal" -- Fodor's
- "When it was completed in 1927, the Royal York was the largest hotel in the British Empire and it still retains much of its original grandeur, especially in the sprawling lobby" -- Rough Guide
- "The magnificent lobby is a fitting backdrop for the many heads of state who have stayed here" -- DK Eyewitness
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check
Minimum age required to check
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children under age 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for one child under age 3. Extra beds available on request and in Deluxe Rooms, Signature Rooms and Suites only: CA$25 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Small pets are allowed on request and will be charged CA$25 (subject to tax) per night. Deluxe Rooms are recommended for pets over 20 lbs (9 kg). Please note that pets cannot be left unattended in rooms, and must be leashed in common areas. Pets are not allowed on our Fairmont Gold floors, as well as in our Fairmont Luxury and Signature Rooms. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Service dogs also welcome, please contact the hotel prior to check-in.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The hotel offers Valet Parking for CA$53.00 (subject to tax), per day. Charges will be applied to your bill at the hotel. These rates are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Customer Service available Mon-Sun, 9am-9pm ET
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.