By Travelzoo Staff
"The 39 Steps" is "hilarious" and "an absolute hoot", says The Stage. For £14 instead of £23.50, get a top ticket for this hit West End show on the Aberdeen leg of its UK tour from 3-8 June.
Why we love it
- Smash-hit West End play "The 39 Steps" comes to Aberdeen's His Majesty's Theatre
- The classic spy novel has been adapted as a frantic farce full of laughs, with four actors playing 139 characters
- Nab one of the best seats in the house for £14 -- that's 40% off the regular price
- "An absolute hoot" says The Stage
- "A daft, joyous romp... with a mischievous sense of humour" -- Edinburgh Evening News
May 23, 2013 - June 8, 2013
His Majesty’s Theatre Aberdeen
Bon Accord Free Church
Aberdeen, AB25 1GL
Tel: 01224 641122
- Described by The Guardian as "clever, very funny, imaginative and brilliantly acted", this adaptation of the classic novel and Alfred Hitchcock thriller won Best New Comedy at the Laurence Olivier Awards in 2007.
- As well as the West End, it has also been a success on Broadway and across the globe. "The 39 Steps" sees a cast of four portray 139 characters in 100 minutes, telling the story of Richard Hannay's race to solve a series of murders.
- We've seen the show and loved the creative and very smart techniques used in the performance to set scenes on trains, running through the hills and under street lights.
- Visit the theatre for evening performances from 3 June-6 June, or Saturday 8 June for the matinee, and pick up a ticket in the Dress Circle or Front Stalls for £14 instead of the regular £23.50.
- Tickets for Friday and Saturday evening performances have been cut to £15 from the standard £25.50, and the same seats are available for the Thursday matinee performance at just £10.
- Postage is optional and costs £1 per order. Box office collection and e-tickets are free.
- How to book: Click "Buy Now" to book directly with the theatre. Click "Book tickets" then enter promo code travelzoo when prompted to access the discount, before selecting your chosen performance date and time.
The small print
Valid for a Dress Circle or Front Stalls seat for all performances from 3-8 June, subject to availability. Must be used in one visit. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost plus per-ticket fees at the time of publication. No additional booking fees are required. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer. Box office collection and e-ticket options are free of charge. Optional postage costs £1 per order.