By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can explore the rich moorlands by foot this summer with a guided walk along Hadrian's Wall, which provides some of the best views in Britain, according to the Guardian.
Why we love it
- Take in some of Britain's best views with a guided walk along Hadrian's Wall for £10 per person, or £19 for two
- Save up to 52% on the usual cost of this experience from Wild Dog Outdoors
- The experience begins with a fun and informative talk about the wall's rich history (provided by your own Roman soldier) followed by a 2-mile walk along the National Trail
- "The panorama across town and Tyne is absorbing" -- Guardian
- "It's impossible to walk Hadrian's Wall and not become fascinated by the Romans and Britons who lived, worked and died here" -- Lonely Planet
July 9, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
Wild Dog Outdoors
The Milecastle Inn
Haltwhistle, NE49 9NN
Tel: 01434 688 386
- Now £10 per person, this experience from Wild Dog Outdoors is half the usual cost.
- The tour starts at The Milecastle Inn with an informative 45-minute talk about the creation of the coast-to-coast wall, built by the Romans in 122 A.D to protect Roman England. This fun historic chat is given by an archaeologist (dressed as a Roman soldier).
- Afterwards, you will commence a 2-mile walk along the famous National Trail's landscape, described as "sublime" by Lonely Planet.
- The walk lasts approximately one hour and is available select Saturdays at 10am, 1pm, or 3:30pm, until 30 September. We have also negotiated a two-person experience for £19 (instead of £40)
The small print
Voucher may be select Saturdays, until 30 September, subject to availability. Tours run at 10am, 1pm and 3:30pm (max group is 20). Reservations are required. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Waterproofs (jacket and trousers) and warm clothing (woollen jumpers) are essential. Well behaved dogs are allowed. Visit http://www.wilddogoutdoors.co.uk/hiking-destination/ for full guidelines, including details of what to bring. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms