By Travelzoo Staff
For £99, escape to an award-winning Northumberland castle retreat, described as "magnificent" by the AA. This gourmet break for two would regularly cost over £200.
Why we love it
- Stay at an award-winning castle hotel in Northumberland for £99 for two
- This package regularly costs over £200 and the B&B price alone is usually £175
- Includes accommodation for two in a CastleView room, set in converted Grade 1-listed buildings within the castle grounds
- Champagne cream tea for two (worth £29.50)
- Full English breakfast for two
Free battlement tour of the Castle after breakfast
Hexham, NE47 5LU
Tel: 01434 688 888
What's included & when
- March 19, 2013 - July 31, 2013
- The deal includes an overnight stay in a CastleView room, set in converted Grade I-listed buildings 80m from the main castle, with full English breakfast and a champagne cream tea for two and a free battlement tour of the Castle after breakfast.
- Surrounded by its own 10-acre woodland estate, with 7-foot thick castle walls, the hotel features an oak-panelled cocktail bar. It was a Gold winner in the Small Hotel of the Year category at the North East England Tourism Awards 2010.
- The food served in the Rosette-awarded Josephine restaurant, is "of the highest order" says Britain's Finest collection, and is listed in the Michelin Guide.
- The hotel is around a 40-minute drive from Newcastle, one hour from Durham, two hours from Harrogate and around 2.5 hours from Leeds, Bradford, York, Manchester, Doncaster, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Vouchers are valid for Sunday-Thursday stays from 7 April-31 July.
- Additional nights can be added on a B&B basis for an extra £80 per room, per night. Upgrade to a Superior Room for an extra £25 per room, per night; or a Delulxe Castle Room for £50 per room, per night payable directly to the hotel.
The small print
Vouchers are valid for an overnight stay for two adults in a CastleView Room, full English breakfast and champagne cream tea for two and a free battlement tour of the Castle after breakfast. Valid Sunday-Thursday from 7 April-31 July.
See all terms