By Travelzoo Staff
Salford Quays is a chic, post-industrial area, located on the banks of the Manchester Ship Canal. For £10, you can take a guided photo tour with Dan Tyack Photography and snap architectural gems, including MediaCityUK, under the guidance of a professional photography teacher.
Why we love it
- £10 for a 2-hour photo tour of Salford Quays and MediaCityUK, led by Dan Tyack Photography
- This experience usually costs £35, so you save 71% on the usual cost
- Learn about reflection, perspective and framing techniques by Dan Tyack, who is a qualified photography teacher
- Take photographs alongside The Quays, which is a chic, post-industrial gem, located on the banks of the Manchester Ship Canal
- This unique experience would make a perfect Christmas gift for a budding photographer
- Capture MediaCityUK on film, this multimillion-pound digital hub is home to the BBC
- Learn how to use your digital camera effectively
- Tours meet outside The Lowry, which is accessible from Manchester city centre by using the Metrolink service
- Available on selected dates until 28 March, 2013
Nov. 29, 2012 - March 28, 2013
Dan Tyack Photography
Salford Quays, M50 3AZ
Tel: 077 3805 1955
- During this 2-hour walkabout tour, which usually costs £35, you will be guided by Dan Tyack, who will teach you how to use your own digital camera (which you must bring along to the class). You'll also pick up tips about reflection, perspective, framing and angles, whilst capturing The Quays, which is also home to the multimillion-pound digital hub MediaCityUK, The Lowry theatre and the Imperial War Museum North.
- Tours take place on selected dates -- the following have been confirmed:
- -15 December
- -8 January at 3pm-5pm and 6pm-8pm
- -11 January at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -17 January at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -19 January at 1pm-3pm and 4pm-6pm
- -23 January at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -31 January at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -7 February at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -16 February at 1pm-3pm and 4pm-6pm
- -21 February at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -28 February at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -7 March at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -16 March at 1pm-3pm and 4pm-6pm
- -21 March at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- -28 March at 4pm-6pm and 7pm-9pm
- The meeting point is outside The Lowry, which you can get to from central Manchester by using the Metrolink service.
- Click here to see all our Christmas gift ideas.
The small print
This voucher entitles the holder to attend a 2-hour photo tour of Salford Quays and MediaCityUK. Tours take place on selected dates, subject to availability, until 28 March, 2013. The following dates have been confirmed: 15 December; 8, 11, 17, 19, 23 and 31 January; 7, 16, 21 and 28 February; 7, 16, 21 and 28 March, 2013. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Additional vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. Valid for one person and must be used in one visit. Advance booking is required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. You must bring your own DSLR camera to the class. Note: There is a limited number of vouchers available and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date.