By Travelzoo Staff
Hengist in Aylesford "deals in modern French ideas underpinned by well-sourced local produce, inventive combinations, and punctilious attention to detail", says The AA Restaurant Guide 2013, whilst the Michelin Guide calls the cooking, "ambitious".
Why we love it
- For less than £30 per person, savour a 6-course tasting-menu-dinner for two and a glass of champagne each -- usually £117.90
- Hengist in Aylesford has been awarded two AA Rosettes for culinary excellence
- Owned by celebrated chef Richard Phillips, who was awarded his first Michelin Star at the age of 29
- Restaurant is housed inside a beautiful 16th-century building
- This experience comes highly recommended in all of the top culinary guides
Jan. 28, 2013 - April 27, 2013
7-9 High Street
Aylesford, ME20 7AX
Tel: 01622 719 273
- This 2-AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant, owned by acclaimed chef Richard Phillips, is now offering a tasting menu for two, served with top-notch champagne for less than £30 per person -- a gourmet experience that would usually set you back £117.90.
- Here's what features on the current Chef's Tasting Menu:
- - Amuse bouche
- - Confit free range chicken and foie gras terrine with toasted walnut salad
- - Pan-fried diver-caught scallops with roasted beetroot purée and Kentish apple salad, or warm salad of Cornish red mullet
- - Braised daube of Kentish venison with creamed potatoes, red wine-poached turnip, damson jus, or fillet of sea bass with coco bean cassoulet with foraged wild mushrooms
- - Brie de Meaux, mascarpone and truffle mousse served with biscuits and grapes
- - Dark chocolate pavé with milk ice cream and hazelnut brittle
- This voucher may be used for lunch Friday-Saturday and dinner Tuesday-Friday, until 27 April, 2013.
The small print
The sale period for tis deal has been extended for the Valentine’s Day Gift Guide. Voucher may be used for lunch Friday-Saturday and dinner Tuesday-Friday, subject to availability, until 27 April, 2013. Excludes bank holiday weekends, 14 February and Mother's Day (10 March). A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. Maximum of two vouchers per table. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Menu items are subject to change. Gratuity is not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms