By Travelzoo Staff
Save up to 43% on a ticket to watch English Touring Opera when it comes to Wolverhampton Grand Theatre on 15-16 April. Usually £22.50-£26.50, tickets in the top three price bands in the Stalls, Dress Circle and Grand Circle are now available to Travelzoo subscribers for £15 each.
Why we love it
- English Touring Opera comes to Wolverhampton Grand Theatre on 15-16 April
- Top-price tickets are now £15 instead of £22.50-£26.50 -- you save up to 43%
- Choose from two different shows -- Verdi's "Simon Boccanegra" or Mozart's "Così fan Tutte"
- The productions come complete with accompaniment from a 26-piece live orchestra
- "Simon Boccanegra" was recently recommended by The Daily Telegraph as a must-see
April 4, 2013 - April 17, 2013
English Touring Opera
Wolverhampton Grand Theatre
Wolverhampton, WV1 1DE
- On Monday, 15 April, at 7:30pm, the company will perform Mozart's celebrated "Così fan Tutte". Set in 18th-century Naples, it tells the story of a man who, rather dubious of women's fidelity, tests his theory and accidentally sets in motion a touching and comedic chain of events. The opera will be performed in English.
- ETO takes the stage for "Simon Boccanegra" on Tuesday, 16 April, at 7:30pm. Widely considered one of Verdi's most accomplished works, this production was recommended as a must-see by The Daily Telegraph last month.
- Set in Genoa and telling the tale of an outlaw who returns to his home town to become its leader, it is sung in Italian with English surtitles. English Touring Opera performs with a 26-piece live orchestra and has described the production as a "massive undertaking" for a "little-toured masterpiece".
- The "strongly cast" production forms part of what The Sunday Times recently called ETO's "most ambitious season to date".
- The only extra to pay for both productions is a one-off transaction fee of £3.
- How to Book: Click "Buy Now" to book directly with the theatre. Enter promo code TRAVELZOO when prompted and choose which full-price seats you want to book. The discount will be applied at the payment stage after registration/login. The theatre's website is not optimised for mobile phones, so we recommend using a PC, laptop or tablet to book online.
The small print
Subject to availability. Valid for one ticket on 15 or 16 April. Price Band A-C tickets usually cost £22.50-£26.50. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost at the time of publication. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer. A one-off transaction fee of £3 applies. Photo credit: "Simon Boccanegra" by Richard Hubert Smith.