By Travelzoo Staff
Set in 22 acres of historic parkland on the Woburn Estate is Paris House, Bedfordshire's only Michelin-starred restaurant, recently voted one of the top 50 restaurants in Britain by The Sunday Times.
Why we love it
- A 6-course tasting menu-dinner for two people for £44.50 each -- you save £45
- Paris House boasts a Michelin star and is currently Bedfordshire's only restaurant to receive one
- Voted one of the top 50 restaurants in Britain by The Sunday Times
- Housed within an elegant Grade II-listed property originally built in Paris, and now set within the historic Woburn Estate
- "Picture-perfect plates and pretty parkland... visitors have much to smile about" -- The Good Food Guide 2013
- Awarded three coveted AA Rosettes for outstanding culinary excellence
Dec. 19, 2012 - March 31, 2013
Bedfordshire, MK17 9QP
Tel: 01525 290 692
- With this exclusive offer, two people can dine on a 6-course gourmet tasting menu-dinner for the equivalent of £44.50 each. Highly recommended in all the top foodie guides, this gourmet experience at the 3-AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant would normally cost £134.
- The Petit Gourmand Tasting Menu changes seasonally but currently includes:
- - Amuse-bouches
- - Marinated tuna and smoked eel, mooli spaghetti and spiced edamame beans
- - Venison carpaccio and braised snails, confit egg yolk and crispy shallots
- - Redborne pig with swede, sprouting broccoli, wild mushrooms and sage stuffing
- - Chef's pre-dessert
- - Raspberry soufflé with raspberry sorbet
- Head chef Phil Fanning is a former "MasterChef" finalist and previously worked at Alan Murchison's L'ortolan restaurant before being joining Grade II-listed Paris House in 2010. Phil recently received a coveted Acorn Award, which recognises future culinary stars under 30.
- Paris House is noted in The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 for its "creative reinventions of old restaurant classics". The Michelin Guide 2013 agrees, saying: "Classic dishes are given an imaginative modern makeover with confident flavours and artistic presentation".
- Meanwhile, The Good Food Guide 2013 recognises Phil's ability to "deliver highly accomplished... picture-perfect contemporary food", describing it as "a cocooned world of civilised grace and flavour".
- Valid for lunch Wednesday-Friday and dinner Tuesday-Friday, from 8 January until 31 March, 2013. Lunch is served from 12pm-2pm and dinner from 7pm-9pm.
The small print
Valid for lunch Wednesday-Friday or dinner Tuesday-Friday, from 8 January-31 March, 2013. Excludes 14-15 February. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back. Dress code is smart casual. No flip-flops, trainers or shorts are allowed. A 12.5% discretionary service charge will be added to your final bill. Note: This is a limited offer and may expire before the stated expiry date. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms