By Travelzoo Staff
For £29, two people can dine at The WineGlass Restaurant at The Barns Hotel, just outside Bedford, with a 2-course meal and bubbly while enjoying views of the River Ouse.
Why we love it
- Two courses and a glass of bubbly for two at the picturesque Barns Hotel in Bedford
- Pay £29 for this dining package instead of the regular £59
- Choose a main course plus either a starter of a dessert each from the WineGlass Restaurant's à la carte menu
- The hotel, which sits in acres of landscaped grounds, overlooks the River Ouse
- In warm weather, you can dine alfresco by the water
- Recipient of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for 2012
Nov. 30, 2012 - June 2, 2013
The WineGlass Restaurant at The Barns Hotel
The Barns Hotel
Bedford, MK44 3SA
Tel: 01234 270044
- Normally costing up to £59 for two, this offer is valid for lunch Monday-Friday or dinner Monday-Saturday. You can choose any starter up to the value of £7 and a main up to £18 (or swap your starter for a dessert up to the value of £6). Here's an idea of what you can expect:
- - A starter each, such as confit duck terrine with orange jam, or hot smoked salmon fishcake with soft poached egg
- - A main course, with current options including confit of lamb shoulder, crushed peas and a rich lamb jus, or pavé of salmon, buttered samphire and salsa vierge
- - Or swap your starter for a dessert -- we like the sound of the rich white and dark chocolate ganache with pineapple purée, or chocolate fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream
- The 4-star Barns Hotel was awarded a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor earlier this year. It is two miles from Bedford town centre and easily accessible from the M1.
- The WineGlass Restaurant features floor-to-ceiling windows, with picturesque views across the river. It also has its own vineyard in California and hand-picks more than 40 wines and champagnes to complement the menu
The small print
Each person is entitled to a main course up to the value of £18 and either a starter up to the value of £7 or a dessert up to the value of £6, plus a glass of prosecco each. Supplements apply to dishes over these prices. Vouchers may be used for lunch Monday-Friday or dinner Monday-Saturday, with limited availability Friday-Saturday. Vouchers may be used from 2 January, 2013, until 2 June. Excludes bank holidays, 14 February, 10 March and 29 March-1 April, 2013. See below for full terms and conditions. Note: this is a limited offer and may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date.
See all terms