What Are You Doing this New Year's Eve? Our Top 10 Parties Across Canada
We've scoured the country to bring you some of our favourite celebrations so you can party like it's ... 2016!Photo from Flickr by Benson Kua
1. Nathan Phillips Square - TorontoBring your skates for an all-ages party that begins with a DJ skating party at 8:00 p.m. and continues with an all night dance party featuring some of the city's best djs and a performance by the Zero Gravity Circus.
Hotel Deal: Thompson Toronto
2. Grand Parade - HalifaxJoin Atlantic Canada's largest New Year's Eve event that features performers by local musicians, and one of the biggest fireworks display in the country. Fireworks by three-time world champions Archangel Fireworks end the party with a bang at 8:00 p.m.
Hotel Deal: Lord Nelson Hotel & SuitesPhoto from Flickr by Rikki / Julius Reque
3. Canada Place Way - VancouverKicking off at 6:00 p.m, there'll be free musical entertainment, food trucks, live on-site broadcasts, and a midnight countdown with spectacular fireworks over Coal Harbour. If you have young kiddies, head over to the Peak Stage at 9:00 p.m. for a mini fireworks display for those with an early bedtime.
Hotel Deal: Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
4. The Forks - WinnipegThis party starts early and ends early so it's perfect for anyone with kids. Beginning at 3:00 p.m. you can take a horse-drawn wagon ride, enjoy face painting, skating, live entertainment and more.
Hotel Deal: Radisson Hotel Winnipeg DowntownPhoto from Flickr by Mikel Manitius
5. Queen Victoria Park - Niagara FallsThe magestic falls, lit in bright colours, set the backdrop for this annual concert. Regardless of your taste in music, you'll find something to love with performers including Tom Chochrane and Red Rider, Down With Webster and more.
Hotel Deal: Best Western Fallsview
6. Churchill Square - EdmontonTake part in Western Canda's largest New Year's celebration featuring both indoor and outdoor family friendly events. There will be magicians, baloon artists, face painters and more for thie kids as well as a main stage with entertainment counting down to the midnight fireworks display.
Hotel Deal: The Westin EdmontonCourtesy of QuebecRegion.com
7. Rue Grand Allee - Quebec CityThe street transforms into party central with dozens of outdoor bars, heated terraces and traditional music. Hop on the ferris wheel for a small fee of $2. At 11, world-famous dj Tchami takes the stage for a massive dance party that is capped off by spectacular fireworks.
Hotel Deal: Hôtel de Glace
8. Quidi Vidi Lake - St. John'sThis is the easternmost part of the continent so you'll be among the first in North America to ring in 2016 at this street party. Live DJs will keep the crowd pumped until the clock strikes midnight. Photo from Flickr by Emmanuel Huybrechts
9. Place Jacques-Cartier - MontrealOld Montreal is stunning on any night but on New Year's Eve it will come to life with music, entertainment and a fireworks display that will illuminate the Old Port. There will be music my Quebecois artists and a dance party that will continue until 2 a.m.
Hotel Deal: Auberge de La Fontaine